Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Director, Technology Vendor Management works in close partnership with the SVP of Technology Infrastructure & Operations and in coordination with our Procurement team, you will help us build and lead the Technology Vendor Management Office that will establish a new operating norm for all new and existing vendor engagements. From inception to off-boarding, you will provide the vision, strategy, and direction for the Technology Vendor Management function. Working with our Strategic Sourcing partners, you shall implement new processes and standards that ensure Bright, and the vendors deliver on their deliverables and obligations, whilst improving operational efficiency and compliance. You will develop and cultivate an ongoing relationship with Technology, Finance, Procurement and Sourcing partners as well as external vendors from the earliest stages of vendor engagement to service performance and, finally, through off-boarding.
- Build the technology vendor management function.
- Lead, mentor, and coach managers and analysts. Promote career development and manage the performance of the team.
- Review, draft, redline, and negotiate a variety of technology-related agreements, including SOW's, POC's, order forms, amendments, etc. while maintaining tight coordination with Legal, Finance, Procurement/Sourcing, Technology, and vendors required. Insure compliance criteria are met.
- Establish internal vendor governance framework, oversight, and performance strategy including, trending, and reporting on key KPI's to maximize operational value and minimize operational risk
- Define and manage cross-supplier performance management and cross-supplier governance structure. Manage vendor activity to identify and recommend methods to support cost savings, cost avoidance, improved efficiency, or more strategic sourcing.
- Work with Legal and Sourcing/Procurement across supplier lifecycle.
- Provide input to support compliance audits regarding adherence to contractual agreements and partner with Software Asset Management & Desktop Support teams to develop ongoing entitlement controls.
- Build strong partnerships and engagement with existing and new strategic partners.
- Create and maintain Supplier Management Process and Procedures operating manual to drive continuous improvements in all areas of vendor management.
- Conduct suppliers spend/consumption analytics in partnership with Finance to provide sourcing optimization recommendations, including contract consolidation/restructure, as needed.
- Research, analyze, and interpret the IT services marketplace to understand supplier/market characteristics and identify sourcing trends/opportunities.
- Conduct supplier due diligence including scorecards, annual reviews, reporting metrics, establish dashboards and financial analysis.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field
- Advanced degree highly desirable
- 7+ years of experience as a Director
- 7 years of experience with vendor relations, negotiations, contract management, project management, and process improvement
- Healthcare experience preferred or experience operating in highly regulated industries
- Solid understanding of SOX compliance
- Experience with implementing Security governance controls (SOC2, NIST, HIPAA Security Rule Technical Provisions)
- Working knowledge of information technology concepts, practices, and principles to provide a foundation for technology related work required.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, and project management tools
- Strong negotiation skills, with experience crafting strategic partnerships using a win/win structure; capable of restructuring major partnerships when significant conditions warrant
- Effectively influences senior leaders and business leaders on industry trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication, required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company, required.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another, required.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Excellent problem solving
- Exceptional management & organizational skills enabling real time prioritization, an effective intake process for the team and a strong ability for holding the team accountable to results externally
- Ability to be flexible in rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and to redirect managers and teams toward new ideas and approaches in work methods
- Project management certifications are preferred for this role. Project Management Professional (PMP, PMI-ACP) certification, Scrum Master (CSM) certification (Preferred)
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.