Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Lead Software Engineer on The Developer Experience team at Bright Health is laser focused on accelerating our engineering organization. The Lead Software Engineer will act as the point person for initiatives across the organization by helping to build building roadmaps and executing on top priorities, self-managing work and tickets, assist team members in removing roadblocks as they come up, and periodically providing senior management with an overview of performance and initiatives. As Lead Software Engineer you will scour the rest of the software development landscape to bring best practices and proven tools/technologies to our own organization while partnering with our Infrastructure and Site Reliability Engineering teams to foster a DevOps approach to designing lasting enterprise solutions.
- Build smooth and efficient processes via automation or internal tooling to empower developers as they ship code through the software development lifecycle
- Work with our primary stakeholders, Bright Health software engineers, to craft solutions to remove friction in shipping code
- Evangelize built solutions so that developers are aware of the improvements they can use in their own workflows, either via written documentation or live demonstrations
- Scour the rest of the software development landscape to bring best practices and proven tools/technologies to our own organization
- Partner with our Infrastructure and Site Reliability engineering teams to foster a DevOps approach to designing last and enterprise solutions
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering and/or 8+ years equivalent professional work experience
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience in building end to end solutions in a public cloud, especially in Azure
- Experience in containerization and container orchestration, specifically Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in building continuous integration and deployment pipelines to enable developers to ship code to production multiple times a day
- Experience in progressive delivery methodologies such as canarying, blue-green, A/B, etc.
- Experience in automated testing methodologies to give developers confidence that their code is ready for production
- Experience in creating highly observable production environments to allow developers to quickly diagnose and resolve issues that arise
- Experience in software engineering, specifically internal tooling including but not limited to: integrations with GitHub/Slack/JIRA, CLIs to automate common tasks, etc.
- Strong sense of ownership – software is supported even after it’s been shipped
- Treats software development as a craft - always looking to hone their skillset and grow themselves and others around them
- Strong work ethic plus follow-through on commitments (works smart to get the job done right and on time)
- Proven track record of high standards for self, team, company
- Proactive approach to problem solving (acting without being told, driving for measurable results, etc.)
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.