Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Bright Health’s Analytics Team is working to push boundaries to redefine what strong analytics can accomplish in health care. The Senior Analytics Consultant will advance the role of analytics as strategic thought partner across the business and will contribute to a culture of theory testing and data-driven decision making. The Senior Analytics Consultant will be comfortable speaking both ‘business’ and ‘data’ with our internal teams and external vendors to understand business questions, develop ways to answer those questions, and communicate answers to stakeholders.
The Senior Analytics Consultant job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand analytics needs, develop plans to address those needs, and deliver analytics to meet those needs.
- Bring together multiple sources of complex data to design and develop reports that answer a business question.
- Expand expertise in core areas of health care data, including traditional claims data, real-time provider data, and novel sources of data related to consumer experience and the social determinants of health.
- Create reporting resources and datasets that are well designed, easily maintained, and repeatable.
- Produce clear and concise summaries of analytical findings for easy consumption by a variety of audiences through a variety of media: presentations, email summaries, executive summaries, and oral discussions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics-related field or ten (10)+ years of professional experience required
- Five (5)+ years of business intelligence or analytics experience required
- Risk Adjustment experience preferred
- Heath care industry experience preferred
- Advanced level of expertise with business intelligence tools, including SQL, Tableau and/or PowerBI required
- Expertise with Value Based Care reporting solutions and analysis preferred
- Expertise in analytics, statistics, data visualization, or programming
- Dedicates exacting attention to detail and data quality
- Experience with healthcare and consumer data preferred
- Eager learner, collaborative partner, easy communicator, and careful analyst
- Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
- Willingness to mentor other team members and advance their knowledge
BEHAVIORAL AND LEADERSHIP NORMS
- Bright Values: Lives the Bright Values. Is focused on positivity and respect in all service interactions. Is focused on bravery needed to develop a variety skills. Not afraid to ask questions. Focus on the team’s successes, and how to support that effort.
- Collaboration: Is an effective collaborator that works well with the functional team and others in the organization to align on timelines and effective delivery of a project or task. Is solution oriented. Is able to work with different personality types and teammates to overcome differences in opinion and thought to achieve common company goals.
- Delivers Results: Is results oriented. Focuses on results and the best and most efficient avenue for achieving results. Helps to create process and follows process to achieve results. Ensures thorough documentation of work and process. Works with manager on goal setting to ensure timely and high quality work product. Is focused on managing against a predetermined set of objectives.
- Exhibits Curiosity: Focuses on learning about the business at large. Seeks to understand how they can contribute to driving the business forward and how the bigger picture works. Actively participates in his/her own career development.
- Service Mindset: Has an outlook that focuses on creating customer value, loyalty and trust. Responds promptly to customer and business needs. Goes above and beyond simply providing service, to build relationships with customers and anticipate needs.
- Upward Management: While balancing multiple work projects and tasks, successfully manages expectations with appropriate project owner about capacity, challenges and barriers to success. Is not afraid to ask for help, guidance or feedback.
- The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer.
- Some travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.