Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Bright Health’s Analytics Team is working to push boundaries to redefine what strong analytics can accomplish in health care. The Manager, Risk Adjustment Analytics, will advance the role of analytics as strategic thought partner across the business and will contribute to a culture of theory testing and data-driven decision making. The Manager, Risk Adjustment Analytics will be comfortable speaking both ‘business’ and ‘data’ with our internal teams and external vendors to understand business questions, develop ways to answer those questions, and communicate answers to stakeholders.
The Manager, Analytics & Reporting – Risk Adjustment job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Lead a highly skilled technical team that analyzes data to drive risk adjustment analytics for Individual & Family Plans, Medicare Advantage, and other product lines.
- Oversee the development and implementation of best in class tools and capabilities to support data reconciliations to limit data leakage and drive bi-directional gap closure efforts.
- Lead team efforts to meet compliance reporting requirements for federal and state level regulators on an annual cycle.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand analytics needs, develop plans to address those needs, and analyze and interpret data to provide insights.
- Communicate complex concepts to non-technical business stakeholders across the entire analytic cycle, from question identification through results interpretation, and including communication about data integrity.
- Translate complex and often ambiguous external specifications into Bright relevant analytics approaches.
- Collaborate with Bright’s Technology team to ensure that data infrastructure and architecture support analytic needs.
- Partner with Analytics leadership and team members to create an integrated analytics program leveraging consistent methodologies and deliverable.
- Develop short-term, quick-win functionality as well as longer-term, deeply analytic research capabilities.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to clinical and operational stakeholders in the domain of Risk Adjustment
- This position will have supervisory responsibilities for the Analytics function.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma/GED and equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in analytics related field preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a health care or related analytics field required.
- Two (2) or more years of experience leading analytics projects, developing roadmaps and mentoring analysts required
- Advanced level of expertise with business intelligence tools, including SQL, SAS, Power BI and/or Tableau required.
- Expertise with risk adjustment analytics strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead and mentor a highly skilled team
- Ability to frame an analysis from end-to-end in collaboration with business and technical stakeholders
- Expertise in analytics, statistics, data visualization, or programming
- Dedicates exacting attention to detail and data quality
- Experience with health care and consumer data required
- Eager learner, collaborative partner, easy communicator, and careful analyst
- Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
BEHAVIORAL AND LEADERSHIP NORMS
- Bright Values: Exemplifies Bright Values. Leads by example. Is viewed as key leader in the company. Acts with quiet, calm determination. Effectively influences inside of the organization.
- Decision making: Has a strong voice and is a contributor in the decision-making process. Is sought out in the organization for input in driving to a decision. Makes decisions based on fact. Is capable of taking large sums of information, and drilling into what is important. Understands organizational impact of decisions and communicates effectively throughout the decision-making process. Pushes issues to resolution.
- Delivers Results: Is extremely results oriented. Is capable of deciphering priorities for self and for others and focuses the group on what must be done today and who must do what. Focuses on results, not effort, and is able to efficiently direct time and energy to achieving intended outcome. Can successfully develop a budget and achieve it without sacrificing quality of output. Achieves strong results within functional area and understands organizational impact. Excellent track record of achieving or surpassing expected results. Understands how to operate in collaborative framework; results in a functional area should not come at expense of other team or function.
- Direct and Indirect Management: Makes decisions that benefit Bright over self. Is developing within the framework of the Bright Leadership Model and can successfully influence direct and indirect teams to achieve goals. Organizes people and resources toward the effective and efficient pursuit of objectives: this includes hiring, firing, supervising and performance appraisals. Delivers thoughtful and constructive feedback to teams, and actively works to develop those around them. Knows how to make tough personnel decisions. Sets an example for employees. Is sought after by peers for 360 feedback. Manages up appropriately and knows how and when to escalate an issue or situation to more senior manager.
- Planning and Execution: Identifies need for planning and has skills to develop, implement, monitor and achieve plans. Knows how and when to adjust plan. Leads others in this effort. Hold self and team accountable for effective planning and execution. Overcomes hurdles.
- Presence: Excellent communication skills and represents Bright well. on various occasions, participates in external meetings (ex. With Care Partners, vendors, regulatory bodies, etc.). Internally, leads large and small groups of people in meetings. Capable of developing thoughtful agenda, setting objectives, driving clarity of purpose and delivering the intended results. Instills confidence in others.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- No licensures and/or certifications are required for this role.
- The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.