Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Do you want to be in a position to shape the culture and practices of an ambitious Engineering organization working to improve healthcare in the US?
We are looking for software engineers of all levels for teams with a variety of tech stacks here at Bright Health! In this role, you will be in a hands-on development role collaborating with our team to help continue building the foundation of Bright Health's ultimate success.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of systems and web or mobile applications
- Collaborate with teammates on technical design, work estimation, and implementation of new features
- Collaborate directly with product managers, UX researchers, and designers to define and implement solutions
- Review team member's code to identify and remediate bugs quickly
- Create documentation and processes for teaching or lead learning sessions with other engineers as needed
- Mentor engineers at all levels of their careers to improve skills, code quality, and best practices
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
We are hiring for several teams, which are using a variety of technologies including:
- C# (.NET Core)
- Ruby on Rails
- Next.js (ReactJS)
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 2-10+ years in software development
- At least 1 year experience in React, C#, or Ruby on Rails
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- Expertise in developing web applications
- Experience building applications in the cloud, bonus points for serverless architectures
- Experience scaling applications from prototype to tens of thousands of daily active users
- Experience supporting the applications you have built
- You have a growth mindset and help to lift others up
- You employ sound engineering principles in your day-to-day work
- You love learning and you love teaching
- You can work independently, but also communicate within a team
The Consumer Platform Team here at Bright is creating the most remarkable healthcare technology that places power and results back into the hands of the patient.
We are a team that is constantly optimizing to improve results.
We’re doers who love getting into the weeds to solve problems for ourselves and our community of members.
There is no bureaucracy or red tape. We are insanely biased toward action, led by data and problem-solving.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.