Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Bright Health’s Senior Product Manager will support the definition and creation of products for Bright Health Group, Bright HealthCare, and NeueHealth. This position will work with stakeholders across the company to distill common needs, define executable requirements, and build useful features. Collaborators will include fellow product owners, business analysts, market managers, contracting leads, operations, clinical, engineers and database architects as needed to support the full life cycle of product development. Technical platforms and infrastructure are critical to realizing our mission, and in this role will play a leading role in determining how best to use technical resources to support Bright Health’s efforts to revolutionize the payer industry.
This role will own the strategic and tactical execution of product development with business and technical stakeholders, creating experiences for Bright Health’s members and internal teams. This role will oversee the prioritization of several engineering scrum teams to bring a product vision to life. Responsibilities will include:
- Define and drive product vision and strategy in alignment with the Bright Health Product Strategy within the Experiences Product Division
- Manage teams to drive the entire product development cycle from strategic planning to launch and post-launch optimization
- Drive alignment on our product strategy across many business stakeholders
- Create detailed roadmaps, prioritize relentlessly, and communicate trade-offs internally
- Work closely with engineering to represent the voice of key stakeholders during the design and development process
- Document and disseminate both internal documentation as well as business-facing and business appropriate reference materials that reflect the detailed configuration of Bright Health products
- Identify and fix processes gaps around execution, roll-out, and ongoing support of software projects
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree in a business or technical field, or equivalent practical experience; Master’s degree (MS in Engineering or MBA) preferred
- 5 or more years at a healthcare technology company, pure technology company, or technology or strategy consulting firm
- Experience building enterprise technologies or implementing enterprise systems (e.g., CRMs, contract management software, etc.)
- Experience coordinating multiple cross-functional teams and initiatives, ideally through an Agile framework
- Demonstrated leadership in product definition and implementation
- Experience with complex healthcare systems if preferred
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Azure DevOps a plus
- Strong project management skills and excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong understanding of typical software development processes; working knowledge of agile software development methodology
- Excellent team-player with the ability to consistently demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, mutual respect and accountability to others; ability to maintain strong relationships across key stakeholders and constituents
- Start-up mentality. Comfortable innovating at a fast pace
- Understanding of the conceptual, strategic and technical aspects of an issue. Capable of grasping these concepts quickly and translating the impacts to the client.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.