Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Staff Accountant role at Bright Health is suited for a detailed oriented individual with an attitude to learn and dig in to the “unknowns”, and a desire for innovation. Under general supervision of the Accounting Supervisor, the Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for performing bank reconciliations, performing investment accounting activities, and actively participating in the month-end close processes.
The Staff Accountant job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items:
- Perform timely and accurate bank account reconciliation activities
- Perform monthly investment accounting activities, including the reconciliation of investment reports to the general ledger
- Maintain assigned general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Ensure account balances are documented and auditable
- Prepare journal entries and review accounting classifications in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits. Assist with miscellaneous projects, ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Investigate issues and provide explanation
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent is required
- At least two (2) years of accounting experience preferred with strong GAAP knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills including advanced formulas, creating templates and pivot tables
- Proficiency with Oracle general ledger platform is an asset
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with “can do” attitude and adaptable to change.
- Maintain good working relations with peers and anticipate solutions for customers’ needs.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written), ability to collaborate with peers and to work independently
- Good organization skills with the ability to prioritize and manage various work assignments in a fast-paced environment
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.