Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Bright Health Group’s NeueHealth business is seeking an experienced, operationally minded, and hands-on senior accountant II to help manage the finance and accounting operations of its large and fast-growing medical practice. The senior accountant II would be responsible for optimizing and improving current accounting processes and systems and for preparing and reporting on periodic financial results and other metrics. The senior accountant II role is based in Minneapolis as part of the corporate controllership team but will be significantly involved in medical provider operations, working closely with the Florida-based medical practice management team, with some travel required. Ideal candidate will have experience with the Medicare Advantage Program and other managed care programs and will be comfortable working with both physician leadership and business executives.
The Senior Accountant job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items:
- Handle all day-to-day accounting matters, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, publishing daily flash reports, credit control, etc.
- Reconcile insurance payments received to posted in electronic medical system
- Develop/support financial reporting environment that enables management team to have timely visibility into financial and operating KPIs
- Assist with transitioning company accounts from NetSuite / Oracle to enterprise ERP/Accounting system such as Microsoft dynamics
- Support management team and FP&A on financial forecasts
- Collaborate with corporate accounting on any fixed and leased assets accounting
- Assist accounts payable team in proper tracking and coding of invoicing activities
- Coordinate any tax related efforts with corporate headquarters’ tax leader
- Help maintain solid internal control environment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (Required)
- 5 (five) years minimum accounting experience, with some experience preferably in healthcare
- Knowledge of GAAP (Required)
- Experience with general ledger functions – i.e., account reconciliations and journal entry creation (Required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Products (Required)
- Strong data entry and computer processing skills
- Must be well organized and ability to prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines
- Adaptable and highly detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to manage time effectively, understand directions, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.