Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Lead Attorney, NeueHealth Care Delivery will provide guidance on legal and regulatory matters, and support for contracting, with a focus on the operations of medical practices, MSOs, value based care, and networks.
The Senior Attorney job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items:
- Must be capable of immediately and independently stepping into an advisory role with senior leadership
- Provide legal and regulatory guidance to the company to assist with the business strategy
- Maintain subject matter expertise regarding applicable state and federal law and regulations applicable to NeueHealth’s businesses – medical practices, MSOs, value based care, government programs and other third party clients, and networks
- Assist compliance professionals with the NeueHealth compliance program
- Assess and mitigate Risk
- Work with other Bright Health segments regarding significant matters that cut across organization
- Keep abreast of legislative and regulatory changes
- Draft network and vendor agreements that minimize risk and maximize business goals
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
This position does not currently have supervisory responsibilities but may evolve over time to include supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctor required
- Seven – ten (7–10) years of experience practicing law, specializing in healthcare for most of that time
- Experience in legal support for medical practices and other provider groups, MSOs. Experience with risk based arrangements/value based care strongly preferred
- Experience with Stark and antikickback law, HIPAA and other data privacy laws, and government contracting preferred, including DCE
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficiency with health law and the application of federal and state regulations to the operations of the types of businesses managed by NeueHealth
- Exceptional track record of navigating legal matters within organizations
- Experience with health care enforcement and compliance matters
- Collaborative problem solving skills
- Attention to details
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Active, unrestricted license to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.