Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Clinical Consultant will act as a key support person in achieving the joint clinical operating model. Success in this role is attained by developing an in depth understanding of the clinical market strategies and parallel Bright Health programs, KPIs, and then leveraging analytical and problem-solving capabilities to inform clinical market initiatives. The candidate must have: strong organizational and prioritization skills and capability to work across multiple teams; ability to thrive in the excitement and fast paced environment of a rapidly growing organization; and willingness to think creatively and solve problems.
The Clinical Consultant job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Work in a consultative role with various parties within the market (care partner/health system/providers) and with Bright Health corporate headquarters to create effective analyses, reports, recommendations in order to achieve the strategic objectives within the health optimization team.
- Create and drive care partner operational and risk mitigation plans
- Track and help assist with cross-functional dependent work that impacts in-market teams
- Once problems are identified, actively build out current process framework, problems, develop solutions, and drive forward
- Assist in-market team with business operational initiatives to drive efficiency
- Document current in-market operational processes and resources
- Review dashboard metrics (quality, risk adjustment, financial, operational) and translate into an applied framework with actionable information.
- Understand the KPIs and how to achieve them within each market.
- Ability to discern actionable financial and operational data, and inform the action plans that will be implemented to deliver performance/outcome goals.
- Program management support for Bright Health’s cross functional keepage prevention strategy and cross functional team.
- Work across functions to manage end-to-end network keepage activities.
- Continually improve network steerage strategies and best practices through working with key stakeholders.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position does not have supervisor responsibilities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Three (3) years healthcare experience required or recent MBA/MHA graduate.
- Experience in clinical operations, business analyst, or have worked in managed care required.
- Experience working in a health plan/payer setting preferred.
- Advanced Excel and/or Tableau skills preferred.
- Intermediate VBA skills.
- Experience building and designing custom Access applications.
- Ability to analyze a situation, draw conclusions, and propose next steps.
- Strong communication skills and feel comfortable delivering professional presentations to an audience.
- Ability to effectively analyze data and identify trends.
- General understanding or excitement to learn population health measures including risk segmentation, risk stratification, benchmarking, and gap analysis.
- Ability to work fluidly in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to solve problems.
BEHAVIORAL AND LEADERSHIP NORMS
- Bright Values: Lives the Bright Values. Is focused on bravery needed to develop a variety skills. Not afraid to ask questions or take risks. Focuses on purposeful planning and objective setting. Focuses on the team’s successes, and how to support that effort.
- Collaboration: Is an effective collaborator that works well with the functional team and others in the organization to align on timelines and effective delivery of a project or task. Is solution oriented and works on generating input from multiple constituents and driving the team to a solution. Is able to work with different personality types and teammates to overcome differences in opinion and thought to achieve common company goals.
- Delivers Results: Is results oriented. Focuses on results and the best and most efficient avenue for achieving results. Works with manager or appropriate liaison in the organization to work through goal setting and milestone development to ensure timely and high quality work product. Achieves strong results within functional area. Is focused on managing against a predetermined set of objectives, and creates and follows process. Delivers outstanding and sustained results.
- Exhibits Curiosity: Focuses on learning about the business at large. Seeks to understand how they can drive the business forward and how the bigger picture works. Actively participates in his/her own career development.
- Multi-tasking: Balances multiple projects and initiatives at any given time. Alongside manager or appropriate Bright teammate, re-evaluates priorities based on changing company needs to understand what must be done today. Able to balance multiple projects and initiatives at any given time. Capable of deciphering which priorities are most important for the function/organization. Consistently meets deadlines.
- Training and Mentoring: Helps train and mentor others: Actively participates in the onboarding and ongoing success of teammates. Onboards, trains and provides informal mentorship to new and existing teammates (interns, consultants, etc.). Provides thoughtful solutions, direction and advice to others, and help advise on priorities.
- Upward Management: While balancing multiple initiatives, successfully manages expectations with appropriate project owner about capacity, challenges and barriers to success. Is not afraid to ask for help, guidance or feedback.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- No licensures or certifications required for this role.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
Bright Health is committed to following the federal government guidelines for vaccination requirements, ensuring the safety of our employees, and helping protect the people we serve. Certain positions, including this position, require full vaccination against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless approved for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.