Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Bright Health’s Analytics Team is working to push boundaries to redefine what strong analytics can accomplish in health care. The Manager, Analytics & Reporting will advance the role of analytics as strategic thought partner across the business and will contribute to a culture of theory testing and data-driven decision making. The Manager, Analytics & Reporting will be comfortable speaking both ‘business’ and ‘data’ to understand business questions, develop ways to answer those questions, and communicate answers to stakeholders. The Analytics Manager will oversee multiple workstreams related to the Medicare Advantage line of business.
- Lead a highly skilled technical team that analyzes data to identify patterns and trends in cost and utilization, translate the analysis into insights, and use the results to define opportunities to drive business action
- Collaborate with business stakeholders across the organization to understand analytics needs, develop plans to address those needs, and deliver analytics to meet those needs
- Support the validation of external reporting packages, responses to questions, and ad-hoc requests resulting from these reports
- Communicate complex concepts to non-technical business stakeholders across the entire analytic cycle, from question identification through results interpretation, and including communication about data integrity
- Partner with Analytics leadership and team members to create an integrated analytics program leveraging consistent methodologies and deliverables
- Develop short-term, quick-win functionality as well as longer-term, deeply analytic research capabilities
- This position will have supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in analytics related field preferred, or equivalent work experience required
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a health care or related analytics field required.
- Two (2) or more years of experience leading analytics projects, developing roadmaps and mentoring analysts required
- Advanced level of expertise with business intelligence tools, including SQL, SAS, Power BI and/or Tableau required.
- Experience with medical cost containment strategies strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead and mentor a highly skilled team
- Expertise in analytics, statistics, data visualization, or programming
- Ability to frame an analysis from end-to-end in collaboration with business and technical stakeholders
- Dedicates exacting attention to detail and data quality
- Experience with health care data required
- Eager learner, collaborative partner, easy communicator, and careful analyst
- Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.