Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Senior Accountant will be given the responsibility of handling a range of general accounting tasks, but primarily responsible for accounting work associated with processing NeueHealth segment and legal entity accounting activities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to executing NeueHealth segment and legal entity accounting related functions, including accounting of the Direct Contracting Entities (DCEs) that will become effective in January 2022.
The Senior Accountant job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Perform shared risk pool accounting on a monthly basis, to include journal entries, for both internal and external providers
- Responsible for invoice generation to providers/customers as well as tracking receipts. This includes managing delinquent accounts as well as handling direct inquiries from customers
- Responsible for the preparation of bank reconciliations for each assigned legal entity
- Responsible for monitoring online banking activities such as uploading positive pay bank files and reviewing/resolving bank exception items
- Responsible for reviewing, monitoring, verifying, and reconciling all monies deposited and disbursed for each assigned legal entities
- Responsible for preparation of journal entries as assigned and journal entries related to inter-segment and intercompany agreements and ensure proper elimination of such activity at the consolidated level
- Responsible for assisting accounts payable team in proper tracking and coding of general ledger activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (Required)
- 5 (five) years minimum accounting experience, with some experience preferably in healthcare
- Knowledge of GAAP (Required)
- Experience with general ledger functions – i.e., account reconciliations and journal entry creation (Preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Products (Required)
- Strong data entry and computer processing skills
- Must be well organized and ability to prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines
- Adaptable and highly detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to manage time effectively, understand directions, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.