Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Actuarial Analyst, Model Team will provide technical support to the Actuarial Services team with a primary focus on actuarial model building and maintenance. Models will be as specifically assigned.
The Actuarial Analyst job description is intended to highlight major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Under the leadership and guidance of the Lead or Senior Model Team Consultant, build, document and maintain one or more of the following actuarial models, as assigned:
- Medical expense and trend analysis and forecasting model; Medicare Advantage Bid (BPT) Development model; Medicare
- Advantage pricing model; provider risk contract evaluation model; Direct Contracting evaluation model; Direct Contracting Bid model; Medicaid rate evaluation model
- Provide support for other Government Programs and Provider Risk Actuarial teams during their peak periods
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or a related field required
- Experience working with health care data and/or model building and maintenance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Experience with forecasting, modeling, SQL and SAS
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following: medical expense and trend analysis and forecasting, Medicare Advantage program and bids, Direct Contracting programs and bids, healthcare provider risk contract arrangements, Medicaid programs and rate evaluation
- Understanding of company practices related to management of member populations for purposes of estimating risk
- Produce, understand, and interpret internal and external analysis and reports; provide effective technical and non-technical support to internal and external stakeholders
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries is preferred, but not required.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.