Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
As a member of the Bright Health Operations team, the Project Manager – Operations Strategy will focus on supporting the operation as a business process owner for changes to existing processes, the development of new processes and system requirements. Apply practical application of standard business processes to day-to-day activities and responsibilities across all operations and business units. assessing, prioritizing and driving long-term operational capability of Bright Health across its current and future portfolio of products. The Project Manager – Operations Strategy will drive quantitative and qualitative analysis; framing of high priority, cross-functional strategic capability opportunities and impacts; presenting recommendations to senior executives. The Project Manager – Operations Strategy will establish target goals and timelines for the various initiatives they drive and will ensure those plans are implemented on time, on budget and per business requirements.
The Project Manager – Operations Strategy description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
Develop deep understanding of operations business objectives and evaluate areas of opportunity to support or streamline existing service processes. Collaborate with cross functional teams or vendors to ensure project milestones are met and deliverables produced to meet required target dates or deadlines.
Lead, develop and maintain a department-level annual readiness and planning roadmap as well as associated initiatives and/or implementation for Operations. Collaborate with other departments during AEP/OEP to align to a centralized annual readiness plan.
Document, develop and optimize scalable implementation processes and tools
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Four (4) or more years of experience in health care operations, finance, consulting, or a combination of related fields required
- Proven track record of simultaneously managing multiple, complex projects and delivering on project objectives required
- Experience presenting and communicating project requirements, status updates, performance results, and other key initiatives to an executive audience required
- Some background in vendor management and contract negotiation preferred
- Experience in a high growth company preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, simultaneous high-priority projects/initiatives
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Exceptional collaborator that works well cross-functionally
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business processes
- A love for team-based work in a high intensity environment
- A “question the status quo” and entrepreneurial mindset; a love for learning and natural curiosity
- Exceptional strong personal initiative, good business instincts and comfort with ambiguity
- Experience in a startup or similar high-demand, fast-paced professional services environment with willingness to accept and adapt to rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrated communication abilities, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Ability to organize, prioritize and re-prioritize tasks as necessary to meet competing demands
- High level attention to detail, seeing data and document errors often missed by others
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.