Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Bright Health is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor for its rapidly growing organization. In this role, the Senior Internal Auditor will support the building of a value-added internal audit function that focuses on the risks that matter, is collaborative and innovative. The Senior Internal Auditor will perform assigned individual audit projects or portions of projects to evaluate companies Internal Controls and the adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives. The Senior Internal Auditor will also support Audit’s annual risk assessment and the corporate Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program, prepare audit reports, report results to management and other related duties. This is a dynamic position that requires working with personnel across all functions of the company and at varying levels of responsibility.
1. Perform operational, financial and compliance audits and develop recommendations for improvement. Independently develop audit programs, evaluate controls, document audit results, make recommendations, and communicate findings to Senior Management.
2. Perform or assist in the performance of SOX compliance activities, system implementations, special projects, including SOX risk assessments, fraud investigations, audit department policy updates, due diligence acquisition reviews, etc.
3. Prepare work papers and reports documenting the result of reviews of assigned activities and management’s planned corrective actions.
4. Assist in the Company's Enterprise Risk Management initiatives, including assessing risks; identifying current and planned mitigation strategies; evaluating effectiveness of management action plans, and reporting findings.
5. Maintain or acquire sufficient knowledge of authoritative and regulatory issues governing accounting, auditing, healthcare or other fields as required to complete audit assignments.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, or equivalent degree and/or experience
• Minimum 5 years of accounting/operational auditing experience to include at least 1 year of Sarbanes-Oxley experience or Model Audit Rule.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to present findings and make sound recommendations.
• Strong knowledge of internal controls and the COSO framework.
• Strong Knowledge of authoritative and regulatory issues governing accounting.
• Working knowledge of ERP and GRC tools
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
• Previous experience in the health industry (e.g., payer, provider care)
• Data analytics/business intelligence experience
• Previous experience with Big 4 accounting firms.
• Experience conducting fraud analysis and collaboration in investigations.
• Mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, business process/system integration experience
• Proven analytical skills - defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending improvement/corrective actions
• Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to work independently while contributing to the success of the team
• Exceptional communication skills that provide the ability to interact with all levels of the organization with a high customer service orientation
• Ability to negotiate and inspire effective, timely, proactive or corrective action by management
• Proficient in MS Office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or other relevant certification
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.