Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Our Markets Team is responsible for assuring the success of Bright Health in matrixed partnership with other Bright Health leaders. The Managing Director, Market Leader shares accountability with Bright Health’s line of business, clinical, quality and growth teams to collectively drive performance in our health plans in each market.
The Managing Director, Market Leader has responsibility for mid-to-large size market areas, offering multiple products in a highly complex system. They collaborate with other Bright Health leaders and will direct the market-based teams that:
• Manage the strategic partnerships with our Care Partners and top network providers;
• Manages the network performance to deliver affordable, high quality health care;
• Assures the growth and vitality of Bright Health’s insurance products.
This role impacts Care Partners and key provider awareness, satisfaction, partnership and clinical effectiveness by ensuring we have a successful approach to supporting the development and implementation of Care Partner/Bright Health quality and clinical programs, panel and attribution growth initiatives and advancing Care Partner primary care delivery models. The role collaborates closely with Bright Health’s internal clinical, analytic and growth teams, as well as our Care Partners and top provider practices, while overseeing a team that is the face of in your market.
The Managing Director, Market Leader job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
1. Successfully execute Bright’s Care Partner and Network provider partnerships and performance within your assigned territory.
2. Network partnership:
• Oversee the local network strategy including network development, provider contracting, engagement, renewal
• Partner with Health Optimization and Bright Implementation Team to implement programs to maintain positive relationships between the health plan, physicians, hospitals, and practice managers
3. Network performance:
• Work closely with the Care Partners and providers in the Markets on day-to-day health plan operations
• Work closely with Care Partners and providers with Bright Health Achieve MCR and quality targets
• Work closely with Line of Business teams on new market entry strategies, including product launches and market expansions.
• Partner with the sales team in executing on distribution and sales initiatives to drive high revenue and membership targets
5. Work closely with the DOI and Bright Health legal team to ensure compliance
6. Manage a team, helping to develop leaders and achieve.
7. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibilities for local teams.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, healthcare administration, or a related field is required; MBA is preferred
• Ten (10) or more years of experience in healthcare, ideally inside provider and payer settings, with knowledge of managed care, network development, or network management required.
• Four (4) or more years of management experience required.
• Local market knowledge of the healthcare payer and/or provider landscape
• Large project and program management experience.
• Familiarity with Individual, Commercial and Medicare products, including development and execution of growth and distribution initiatives.
• Experience working with clinical, sales, and product teams to design and implement programs to maintain positive relationships between the health plan, physicians, hospitals, and practice managers.
• Work effectively in a matrixed environment and comfort with shared accountability:
• Strong collaboration skills to effectively work with the sales team in executing on high revenue and membership targets,
• Strong collaboration skills to partner closely with other Bright Health leaders to design and implement programs to maintain positive relationships between the health plan, physicians, hospitals, and practice managers.
• Leadership skills that extend cross-functionally, spanning operations, clinical, provider relations, marketing, distribution and sales in such a way that achieves an exceptional experience for members, clinicians and distribution partners.
• Strong relationship skills within the healthcare provider space
• Results oriented, capable of clearly translating strategic objectives into implementable processes that drive outcomes.
• Inspirational, respectful and effective team leadership.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• No licensures and/or certifications are required for this role.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.