Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
The Senior Healthcare Consultant will be accountable to help build, implement and maintain a communication, reporting and measurement structure for Enterprise Health and Equity team and its functions. This position will primarily work across four domains:
- Health Equity: Provide support to the initiatives, objectives, programs, and goals designed and advocated by the Office of Chief Health and Equity Officer.
- Enterprise Health Affairs: Establish periodic review of Quality functions and performance across the enterprise to ensure alignment with the clinical strategy of the Bright Health and Wellbeing Council (BHWC) and Bright Health’s Aligned Model of Care (AMOC)
- Voice of Health & Equity: Develop, articulate, and broadcast a unique voice that shares Bright’s distinctive clinical viewpoint, member impact, and health equity focus with the organization and the industry.
- Community and Industry Connections: Strategize, plan, and develop meaningful and influential connections to external organizations and thought leaders that will foster collaboration and deliver outcomes across Bright Health Group and healthcare industry.
The Senior Healthcare Consultant will also coordinate and facilitate clinical leadership meetings and their themes, agenda, strategy, and content.
1.Partner and consult with Business Units, Analytics & Reporting, Clinical Performance, Pharmacy Operations, Markets, Enterprise Communications, and other functional teams as a subject matter expert in the appropriate utilization, application, and dissemination of clinical, financial, and operational metrics, viewpoints, and decisions
- Produce clinical metrics, reports, graphical and statistical insights, and measurement methodologies to support advancement of Aligned Model of Care and its delivery in a growing enterprise,
- Facilitate the development of a comprehensive and proactive approach for improvement efforts within the enterprise for all Aligned Model of Care related clinical programs and functions,
- Create documents and reports (scorecards and dashboards) in collaboration with corporate business units and for consumption by an executive audience to help manage health plan and credentialing accreditation processes,
- Promote and highlight Bright’s distinctive approach and its differential impacts on health and well-being internally and externally.
2. Track and support the development and implementation of clinical programs, interventions and tech solutions based on enterprise-wide clinical and health equity positions established by AMOC and BHWC to improve patient outcomes and reduce health disparities within an integrated healthcare framework.
- Partner with functional subcommittees to assess new programs or initiatives, evaluating Medicare and commercial insurance coverage, clinical and documentation obligations, regulatory requirements, and the future of integrated healthcare,
- Support Bright Health’s cross functional network steerage strategies and best practices through working with key stakeholders,
- Ensure awareness of national, regional, and local quality standards and industry trends,
- Communicate changes in quality standards to key stakeholders,
- Liaise between enterprise-wide clinical quality oversight, and internal and external stakeholders to establish bi-directional and clear communication paths,
- Facilitate the development, coordination, and execution of health equity initiatives.
- In partnership with business units, Legal and Compliance, and clinical leaders,
3. In partnership with business units, Legal and Compliance, and clinical leaders,
- Develop and maintain an evergreen library of clinical policies, community health decisions and guidelines for the utilization of evidence-based medicine,
- Compile and share insights and recommendations from contemporary Health Equity literature and programs, as well as Social Determinants of Health interventions and their impact on population health,
- Access, evaluates, aggregate and disseminate secondary reports: therapeutic journals, guidelines, and regulatory documentation (FDA, NCCN, ASH, ACOG etc.).
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years healthcare experience required or recent MBA/MHA graduate.
- Experience in clinical operations, business analysis, or managed care required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite and/or Tableau skills required.
- Experience working in a health plan/payer setting preferred.
- Experience in a consultative setting is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and feel comfortable delivering professional presentations to an audience.
- Ability to analyze a situation, draw conclusions, and propose next steps.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Ability to effectively analyze data and identify trends.
- Ability to provide ready-to-consume deliverables in a timely manner to senior leadership.
- Must possess strong organizational and prioritization skills and competence and capacity to handle multiple initiatives while managing conflicting priorities.
- Must be self-motivated, able to take initiative, and ability to thrive and drive results in a collaborative environment.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.