Brightflow AI is making cash management and forecasting accessible to the everyday business owner. Founded in Fall 2019, with the goal of democratizing finance, our rapidly growing and well-funded startup is in need of an exceptional Chief of Staff to join us as we climb to the next level.
About the Role:
Brightflow AI is looking for a Chief of Staff dedicated to supporting the co-founder and CEO. In this role, you will be the right-hand person and a trusted thought leader to our CEO. You will have an impact on the efficiency and productivity of the company, streamlining business initiatives, driving program management and communicating cross-functional objectives.
In addition to driving the operational rhythm of the business, you will be working alongside and collaborating closely with the second co-founder’s (and dual CTO and CPO) Chief of Staff to coordinate and spearhead operational and strategic initiatives, guiding effective change management, and developing communications that align company narratives. This is a tremendous opportunity to develop into a future leader, equipped with the learnings and experience to have an enormous impact after this role.
- Maintain the operational rhythm of the business, particularly, as we scale, through iterating on and driving internal operations.
- Spearhead special projects that are of particular importance to the CEO.
- Facilitate effective decision-making throughout the organization.
- Serve as an advisor and trusted confidant for the CEO, building trust with the team of senior leaders across the organization to be able to lead through influence.
- Guide effective change management during organizational or business transformation.
- Develop and manage communications on behalf of the CEO.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience, typically in business operations at a startup or management consulting.
- MBA or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
- Finance experience highly preferred (investment banking, investing, finance).
- Strong execution skills and experience managing multiple work streams with attention to detail.
- Highly analytical and metrics-focused -- you can execute on complex analyses, define KPIs, size opportunity areas, and measure and report on performance across the business
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results in partnership with the Chief of Staff, Office of the CTO and CPO.
- Able to flex between analytical, strategic and operational aspects of the job.
- Resourceful and happy to roll up your sleeves to get any job done.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with focus on crisp, concise and effective communication.
- General understanding of the market and competitive landscape.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Equity stake in the company.
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy.
- Remote team events and retreats at socially responsible distances (in the Bay Area, California, USA).
About Our Team
We’ve learned from firsthand experience that the most effective teams are composed of highly diverse individuals from all walks of life. It’s in those pivotal moments in challenging situations that we’ve been consistently surprised by the ingenuity and unexpected skills our teammates bring to the table. At Brightflow AI, we all play a key role and encourage crossover into all areas of the business that interest you. This is a set of values that lies at our very core as individuals. If you share the same desire for a warm, welcoming environment surrounded by awesome, talented people, we encourage you to apply! We’re constantly learning and doing what we can to support and assist each other in growing both personally and professionally.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin/ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability status, marital status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
About Brightflow AI
Brightflow AI is honored to be featured on the inaugural 2022 SMBTech 50 List recognizing "the growth and potential of startups that serve small and medium-sized businesses," as announced by GGV Capital, Crunchbase, and Nasdaq.
Even companies that are growing revenue, surpassing sales goals, and expanding rapidly may be at risk of their cash running out. That’s where we come in. Brightflow AI gives companies the data they need to make timely and data-driven decisions about cash flow, growth opportunities, inventory, and more. We serve as their finance team to enable their continued growth and allow them to remain focused on delighting their customers.
We’ve experienced firsthand the pain and difficulty in accessing good financial data–it’s this need that drove the creation of Brightflow AI. To date, we’ve raised capital, built the software, served our initial customer base, and begun iterating on every step of the process, from forecasting to financing. We’re proud to create solutions that help level the financial playing field for businesses of all sizes and financial situations.
Our team members have backgrounds that include previous VC-backed startups (as founders, managers, and first engineers), established tech companies, private-equity and venture finance, banking, and running our own software companies. We live and work in a mix of countries and speak numerous languages; yet, we have a common interest in understanding our customers’ needs and delivering solutions that solve real problems.
We provide a high degree of ownership and autonomy in an inclusive, supportive culture. We encourage a growth mindset and foster transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy. Read more about our values at https://bit.ly/brightflow-values, then join us in our mission to simplify our customers’ finances and help them succeed. Apply now.