Brightflow AI is making cash management and forecasting accessible to the everyday ecommerce business owner. Founded in Fall 2019, with the goal of democratizing finance, our rapidly growing and well-funded startup is in need of a leader in capital market strategy and operations to join us as we climb to the next level.
About the Role
As Head of Capital Markets, you will focus on the strategy, execution and ongoing management of Brightflow AI’s debt capital markets operations. You will play an integral role in shaping the capital structure of target companies with non–dilutive capital. You will primarily be leading and building, from the ground up, the lending arm of Brightflow AI targeting and lending to companies. In addition, you’ll be working on projects such as the negotiation and structuring of new asset lending facilities. Direct experience in corporate credit, fixed income and structuring experience is critical to success in this role. This is a cross functional role and there has to be an appreciation of technology and how it can assist in a very manual process.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Build, manage, and own Brightflow AI’s lending strategy that fits with Brightflow AI’s software solution.
- Coordinating internal and external lending team members and potential lending customers.
- Responsible for operating relationships with our capital markets providers, loan recipients and various other entities necessary for compliance.
- Providing periodic reporting, and determine new product offerings.
- Prepare presentation for internal and external stakeholders materials.
- With the existing Brightflow AI team, develop financial models, cash flow forecasts and write investment memos that help inform investment decisions for Brightflow AI.
- Create processes across Brightflow AI’s Capital Markets division and Brightflow AI sales and technology to ensure loan operations run efficiently with minimal errors.
- Work extensively with Brightflow AI’s Legal and Compliance counsel to ensure that regulations are being met.
- Work with Product and Sales to ensure cross-collaboration which not only drives capital market strategies successfully but also Brightflow AI’s SaaS revenue.
- Work extensively with Sales, Product and Engineering to ensure accurate collection of data to and ensure accurate reporting and analysis internally and externally.
- Develop a deep understanding of Brightflow AI’s business model and strategy.
- Analyze and interpret the impact of various funding strategies while working in the context of broader corporate goals.
- Supervise and provide input on structuring, legal negotiation, and documentation with funding counter-parties alongside counsel and capital markets deal leads.
- Lead, mentor, and coach teammates.
- Cultivate and expand relationships with external partners, including investors, lenders, and legal counsel.
- Provide support to various ongoing and future projects as needed.
- A knack for process, organization, liaising, and ability to hit the ground running with little oversight in a startup environment.
- 10+ years in capital markets with at least 5+ years of direct experience in direct lending in the corporate credit space.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Finance and / or Economics. Experience with Statistics, Engineering and Computer Science a plus.
- Experience negotiating, structuring, and executing secured credit facilities, including warehouse facilities, loan sales / forward flow, and/or mezzanine debt.
- Proven track record in lending, credit and risk management, loan review, and compliance, ideally for small businesses.
- Knowledge of the capital markets landscape, with a strong network in the funding sources.
- Knowledge of different type of capital markets vehicles alongside target investors.
- Familiarity with fund accounting, reporting and administration.
- Demonstrated strength and success in sales and negotiations with capital partners.
- Data-driven approach and strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in fundraising a plus.
- Analytical mindset and strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- Eagerness to take ownership and independently drive projects to completion.
- Excitement about working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment.
- Superior financial modeling skills, with experience modeling and evaluating structured credit transactions.
- Clear and concise communication to translate complex problems into a structured manner for broad understanding across the organization.
Brightflow AI aims to bring real time reporting on Brands income statement and impact to their balance sheet through cash flow projections. By plugging directly into revenue and expense sources, Brightflow AI can provide financial insights that are crucial to help scale companies.
As part of their SAAS offering, Brightflow AI is now offering financing to help scale omni-channel brands. Through the initial loan offering, Brightflow AI seeks to implement their software with target companies and with the financial insights made available improve their ability to scale.
About Brightflow AI
Managing a company’s finances is hard. A company can grow their revenues; doubling from last years’ record-breaking $5 million in sales. Things may be going great, but there is a problem: the company’s cash may be running out.
That’s where we come in. We help people with simple solutions that give them the financial data and enable actions. We work with companies who have a great product but don’t have a whole finance team. They’re growing and want to stay focused on delighting their customers.
Brightflow AI solutions provide financial insights that translate quickly into understanding. Join us to build the tools that make it happen.
We’ve experienced the pain of getting good financial data easily – it’s this need that drove the creation of Brightflow. We’ve raised money to build the product and already have our first customers that provide us with valuable insights.
We have backgrounds that include several previous VC-backed startups (as founders, managers, and first engineers), private-equity and venture finance, banking, and running our own software companies. Our team members have lived and work in a mix of countries, spoken numerous languages, and experienced many cultures.
We’re growth-minded learners, inspired to understand our customers and pragmatically deliver solutions that solve real problems. We provide a high degree of ownership and autonomy in a highly inclusive culture that fosters transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin/ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability status, marital status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
Read more about our values and the culture of the company we’re building at https://bit.ly/brightflow-values
Our website: https://brightflow.ai/