Director of Product Strategy and Operations
Brightflow AI is democratizing finance by bringing enterprise-level automated cash flow tools and financial insights to small and mid-sized businesses. Founded in Fall 2019, our rapidly growing and well-funded startup is in need of an exceptional methodical product leader to join us as we step up to the next level.
About The Job
As the Director of Product, you will work with leadership and engineers to contribute to the development and success of Brightflow AI’s core SaaS offering. You’ll support elements of the business, explore strategic initiatives to inform decision-making, shape the direction of products and team, and own product operations. You will partner with leads to drive their portfolio of initiatives.
Reporting to Brightflow AI’s founder and CTO/CPO, this role will drive operations, strategy, and cross-functional initiatives for the development and execution of our SaaS roadmap and ultimately, delivery of high-quality features to our customers.
- Work cross-functionally to structure problems, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses to turn data into meaningful insights, drive actionable recommendations and program manage teams to ensure the delivery of results.
- Drive Operational Rhythms required to ensure the effective drafting, monitoring, and analysis of corporate goals.
- Optimize, design new, and execute product management processes to drive greater alignment between product, customer success, and engineering, dovetailing with existing SCRUM approach.
- Balance the goals of increasing agility with the right amount of process (we’re still an early startup balancing the flexibility with new processes).
- Assist with increase in decision-making velocity to ensure we innovate faster for our customers by constantly removing internal inhibitors.
- Use subject-matter expertise to develop hypotheses and recommendations for initiatives/inbound requests.
- Work with Product Managers, Designers, and Software Engineers to develop product roadmaps.
- Drive weekly priorities and activity of the product team.
- Develop strategic narratives for initiatives and communicate goals to executive management and the organization.
- Translate from the product vision and corporate goals down through OKRs, developing a roadmap, communicate vision effectively and build consensus in a collaborative fashion.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong analytical ability to organize and translate data into actionable insights while incorporating learning from team members’ domain intuition.
- Ability to take learnings synthesized from organized data and communicate them simply and effectively to a broad audience across the entire company.
- An effective cross-functional leader, able to partner across diverse individuals and teams, including engineering, analytics, design, marketing, and senior executives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and listening skills, presentation skills in front of customers, partners and internal stakeholders.
- Self-starter with a growth mindset (and aligning with all our values).
- Collaborative leader.
- Some level of domain understanding: ecommerce, analytics, and/or financial.
- Strong experience in product management.
An especially strong candidate may also have experience in one or more of the following:
- Working on analytics products.
- Working within a Startup.
- Background relating to financial modeling or credit markets.
- Team management.
- Strong User Experience thinking.
- SaaS product management.
About Brightflow AI
Managing a company’s finances is hard. A company can grow their revenues; doubling from last years’ record-breaking $5 million in sales. Things may be going great, but there is a problem: the company’s cash may be running out.
That’s where we come in. We help people with simple solutions that give them the financial data and enable actions. We work with companies who have a great product but don’t have a whole finance team. They’re growing and want to stay focused on delighting their customers.
Brightflow AI solutions provide financial insights that translate quickly into understanding. Join us to build the tools that make it happen.
We’ve experienced the pain of getting good financial data easily – it’s this need that drove the creation of Brightflow. We’ve raised money to build the product and already have our first customers that provide us with valuable insights.
We have backgrounds that include several previous VC-backed startups (as founders, managers, and first engineers), private-equity and venture finance, banking, and running our own software companies. Our team members have lived and work in a mix of countries, spoken numerous languages, and experienced many cultures.
We’re growth-minded learners, inspired to understand our customers and pragmatically deliver solutions that solve real problems. We provide a high degree of ownership and autonomy in a highly inclusive culture that fosters transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin/ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability status, marital status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
Read more about our values and the culture of the company we’re building at https://bit.ly/brightflow-values
Our website: https://brightflow.ai/