Brightflow AI is making cash management and forecasting accessible to the everyday business owner. Founded in Fall 2019, with the goal of democratizing finance, our rapidly growing and well-funded startup is in need of exceptional engineers to join us as we climb to the next level.
- We use TypeScript for just about everything and automate our testing with Jest.
- Frontend: React/Redux, styled-components.
- Backend: Node.js, Koa, PostgreSQL, Redis.
- Platform: Heroku, AWS, Ansible, Terraform.
- Tools and Processes: Git(Hub), Agile/SCRUM.
About the Role
You’ll form a key part of enhancing a small team of engineers and. On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Take a measured approach in balancing the tradeoffs between development cost and quality while delivering a product our users will love and getting it into their hands quickly.
- Integrate with a growing number of e-commerce and financial apps, services, and APIs.
- Plan, architect, and implement new features, forecasting algorithms, and data visualizations to solve the varying needs of our users.
- Review code and mentor other members of the engineering team.
- Work closely with everyone in the company including the founders, designers, and the product team.
Why you’ll love working here
First off, a great team: trust and psychological safety are high - you can expect to be challenged and given a place to do great work. Our culture fosters transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy.
The team is experienced and knowledgeable: Our Head of Engineering has deep experience (started at age 12) including crypto mining (where she was CTO) and payments, has given tech talks – you’ll learn a lot as you are shoulder-to-shoulder with her.
CTO & CPO is always thinking about delivering value to our customers (even while writing code), has many years of experience at startups and running his own businesses.
Our Head of Product is a finance expert and cares deeply about the product and enabling our customers to have great outcomes (and he also has coded for his own startup previous). Our CEO is experienced and knowledgeable, from time at big banks to PE firms, and previously was CEO at a yc-backed startup (now chairman of the board).
What We’re Looking For
- Expertise as a software engineer who’s capable of taking on large, complex projects and reducing them into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Experience with TypeScript or other typed programming languages.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in SQL, relational databases, and data modeling.
- Strong experience integrating with third-party APIs.
- Desire to constantly learn and grow both personally and professionally.
An especially strong candidate may also have one or more of the following:
- Portfolio of past work and/or open-source contributions.
- Familiarity with Excel or other spreadsheet programs.
- Familiarity with finance, accounting, statistics, or other mathematics disciplines.
- High level of interest or experience with financial analytics.
- Experience working in startups.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Equity stake in the company.
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy.
- Remote team events (happy hours and video gaming sessions to name a couple of our favorites) and retreats at socially responsible distances (in the Bay Area, California, USA).
About Our Team
We’ve learned from firsthand experience that the most effective teams are composed of highly diverse individuals from all walks of life. It’s in those pivotal moments when a situation is dire that we’ve been consistently surprised by the ingenuity and unexpected skills our teammates bring to the table. At Brightflow AI, we all play a key role and encourage crossover into all areas of the business that interest you. This is a set of values that lies at our very core as individuals and if you share the same desire for a warm, welcoming environment surrounded by awesome, talented people we encourage you to apply! We’re constantly learning and doing what we can to support and assist each other in growing both personally and professionally.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin/ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability status, marital status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
About Brightflow AI
Managing a company’s finances is hard. A company can grow their revenues; doubling from last years’ record-breaking $5 million in sales. Things may be going great, but there is a problem: the company’s cash may be running out.
That’s where we come in. We help people with simple solutions that give them the financial data and enable actions. We work with companies who have a great product but don’t have a whole finance team. They’re growing and want to stay focused on delighting their customers.
Brightflow AI solutions provide financial insights that translate quickly into understanding. Join us to build the tools that make it happen.
We’ve experienced the pain of getting good financial data easily – it’s this need that drove the creation of Brightflow. We’ve raised money to build the product and already have our first customers that provide us with valuable insights.
We have backgrounds that include several previous VC-backed startups (as founders, managers, and first engineers), private-equity and venture finance, banking, and running our own software companies. Our team members have lived and work in a mix of countries, spoken numerous languages, and experienced many cultures.
We’re growth-minded learners, inspired to understand our customers and pragmatically deliver solutions that solve real problems. We provide a high degree of ownership and autonomy in a highly inclusive culture that fosters transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy.
Read more about our values and the culture of the company we’re building at https://bit.ly/brightflow-values
Our website: https://brightflow.ai/