Brightflow AI is democratizing finance by bringing enterprise-level automated cash flow tools and financial insights to small and mid-sized businesses. Founded in Fall 2019, our rapidly growing and well-funded startup is in need of an exceptional data analyst to join us as we climb to the next level.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced data analyst who will bring energy and expertise to help us revolutionize finance automation and cash flow forecasting. You’ll be part of a small but growing team and take ownership of your work at every stage from concept through delivery. On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Design, develop and implement a financial forecasting engine that leverages both customer and industry data to automate revenue and cash flow projections.
- Develop and maintain databases by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources, and build scripts that will drive the forecasting of customer financial data.
- Build financial models leveraging customer data from common ecommerce data sources such as Quickbooks, Shopify, Amazon, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Gusto, Brightpearl etc...
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering to automate the delivery of forecast data and financial insights to customers and understand current context of constraints and opportunities.
- Proactively analyze data to answer questions critical to our customers, with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement.
- Studies in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- 4+ years of applicable work experience
- Expertise in statistical software such as R, SAS, SPSS, STATA, Matlab
What We’re Looking For
- Ability to drive statistical analysis and forecasting projects to completion.
- Experience with forecasting business revenues.
- Desire to constantly learn and grow both personally and professionally.
- High level of interest or experience with finance, algorithms, and data analysis.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
We are fully remote during the pandemic; must be able to overlap with our working day work within 4 hours of Pacific time zone for at least 4 hours.
An especially strong candidate will also have
- Experience working in startups.
- Experience working with e-commerce business models
- Examples of autonomy in the execution and management of complex statistical projection analysis.
- Advanced degree in Applied Economics, Applied Statistics, Financial Engineering or related field
- Experience with database technologies.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy.
- Challenging career opportunities that come from the high growth and fast-paced environment of early-stage startups.
- A high degree of ownership and autonomy in a dynamic environment.
- A culture that fosters transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy.
- Regular team events and outings at socially responsible distances.
Diversity & Inclusion at Brightflow
The most successful teams are composed of brilliant minds from all walks of life which is why fostering diversity and inclusion is a key part of our hiring process, company culture, and core values. We are committed to growing a team that represents a variety of lived experiences, perspectives, and skillsets.
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin/ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability status, marital status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
Brightflow is providing business owners with simple solutions that enhance their financial visibility and optimize their operational decision making. We make getting real-time financial data and insights easy, enabling entrepreneurs to focus on delighting their customers and growing their business.
While the software tools that business owners use to sell their products has consolidated, many sources of financial information still remain siloed in different systems. Aggregated financial analysis and most importantly, cash flow forecasting is difficult and delayed. For business owners with their livelihoods at stake, this is a huge challenge to managing their business..
Our team has first hand experience building businesses and tackling the pain points around financial analysis.. We have backgrounds that include several previous VC-backed startups (founding, running, being first engineers at), private-equity and venture finance, banking, and running our own software companies. We have a mix of countries we’ve lived and worked in, languages spoken, and cultures we’ve experienced.
We’re growth-minded learners, inspired to understand our customers and pragmatically deliver solutions that solve real problems.
Read more about our values and the culture of the company we’re building: http://bit.ly/brightflow-values