Flexible work location across Ireland
- Whether that be in the office (once Covid-19 ends), remote from anywhere in Ireland or a mix of office/remote work in Ireland, we offer you flexibility to choose what works best for your lifestyle.
- Delivering clean executable code, rich intuitive interfaces and ensuring customers love using our products, is at the heart of what we do
- Our Engineering hub is based in Ireland. As our teammate, you're given a real chance to influence the direction of the product.
- And you get to see your code go to production frequently, thanks to our SaaS model and continuous deployment practices.
What you'll be helping us with
- As a Full Stack Engineer in our Agile (scrum) team, you're the glue within the team.
- You’ll be experienced switching between front and back end development, to bring product features to life.
- You’ll be given the freedom to fully own features, from design to deployment across both the front to backend stacks. (Either as part of the team or on your own).
- Which means your code contributions directly impact the success and growth of our SaaS platform.
More specifically you'll;
- You’ll be a working as part of our Product Engineering teams. You’ll use Java for backend, rest services with Spring, MySQL for databases
We’re a highly collaborative, consensus driven team.
- You’ll partner with our Scrum teams (Eng, QA, Product, Architecture) working through the design of new features. For you this also means making your voice heard - proposing or discussing alternative solutions, making sure dependencies are considered
- You’ll also work with our PO and Scrum Master to refine feature estimates and work with your dev team to meet Scrum deliverables.
You’ll get to touch the code every day to bring solutions to life.
- Writing clean, high performance code is our passion
- You’ll write unit tests and partner with our QA Engineers to drive quality and performance of your code
What you'll need to be successful in this role?
- Bring a minimum of 3- 4+ years of industry experience in a full stack development role
- Demonstrate solid experience working in Java & Spring - a must have skill
- Have experience using and maintaining SQL databases
- Have experience in Agile software development methodologies
- Be comfortable working on both front and back end.
Supporting your progression and growth
At Brightflag, your work makes a real difference, your contribution is seen and your work is valued. You control the speed and pace at which you want your career with us to accelerate.
We’re growing fast and so are our benefits.
- Competitive salary and Equity
- Flexible work location across Ireland
- 25 days holidays
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Comprehensive health insurance with Irish Life
- Educational Assistance policy (incl study leave) to support your development
- If you use public transport, we can have the Tax-Saver Scheme
- If you cycle, you can avail of our Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Reading is important, therefore we offer an outstanding Book Worm Scheme benefit
- Wellness Programs and a focus on Work Life balance
At Brightflag, we are a diverse and inclusive bunch of people. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who make every day count and strive for constant improvement. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
**Final Note re Eligibility to Work in Ireland**
- Your time is valuable.
- To help with your application, we advise that we cannot offer work permit sponsorship or relocation for this role.
- To be considered, you will already hold relevant permissions to live/ work in Ireland full and not require sponsorship or self sponsorship (now/in the future)
- We're one of the fastest growing tech-startups in the legal world.
- We've recently announced the completion of a $28 million growth equity investment to continue our mission to transform legal spend management. We’re achieving this by combining AI, Machine Learning and a range of technologies to deliver a data driven, legal spend management platform
- Our SaaS platform intelligently allows our customers to analyse legal bills, drive cost savings and automate time intensive processes. It also extracts insights, used to make data-driven decisions at every step of the legal spend lifecycle. Customers include Uber; Telstra, Australia's largest telecommunications company; and Rimini Street, the multinational enterprise software support company.
- You can learn more about Brightflag Here