Brightflag is used by large corporations to transform legal service delivery. At its core is an artificial intelligence that extracts insights from invoice narratives — the pages-long descriptions of how much is being charged for a piece of legal work, and why. These insights are used to make data-driven decisions at every step of the matter lifecycle, from resource selection to price negotiation to quality of service evaluation. They also drive automation of time-intensive processes like invoice review. Customers include Uber; Telstra, Australia's largest telecommunications company; and Rimini Street, the multinational enterprise software support company.
In 2019, we tripled in size and recently raised $8.5M in venture funding to execute an aggressive growth strategy. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best. Our people are customer-focused, take ownership and make every day count. The opportunity for direct impact at Brightflag is huge - we live our values and are in search of constant improvement.
What is the opportunity?
We’re expanding quickly and searching for an experienced Application Support Engineer to come join our talented product engineering team. As an Application Support Engineer, You will play an integral part in the success of our product and impact the quality of support we provide to our customers. We have a number of high-profile customers in Ireland, the UK, Australia, and the US, and we are growing quickly. Our application support engineers are ambitious and deeply enjoy responsibility, creativity and solving interesting problems to help us build something exceptional. You will work with our product engineers/owners and support teams to debug and resolve issues.
What will I be doing?
- Directly impact the success and growth of the Brightflag platform
- Debugging and resolving tickets raised by our support team
- Managing the priority of issues
- Working and communicating with product engineers and product owners
What Skills do I need?
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to write SQL queries in order to troubleshoot complex issues
- Ability to communicate clearly with internal teams (both technical and non-technical audiences)
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable, flexible with proven experience of delivering quality solutions in a fast-moving business environment
- Ability to manage multiple incidents simultaneously and prioritize in line with defined SLAs
- Demonstrated attention to detail as well as the ability to take initiative and follow through on commitments made to customers/internal teams
- Good understanding of SaaS applications
Bonus skills & attributes
- Knowledge of Java and the ability to track down bugs
- Previous experience supporting a SaaS application is an advantage
We’re growing fast and so are our benefits.
Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Comprehensive health insurance with Irish Life
- Central office location in Dublin City
- Connect Cafe Thursdays - lunch is on us on Thursdays
- If you use public transport, we have the Tax-Saver Scheme
- If you cycle, you can avail of our Cycle-to-Work Scheme (with secure bike storage and shower facilities in our office)
- Personal Development & Further Education Allowance
- Reading is important, therefore we offer an outstanding Book Work Scheme benefit
- We offer 25 days holidays
At Brightflag, we are a diverse and inclusive bunch of people. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who make every day count and strive for constant improvement. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.