We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to adhere to, develop and manage the execution of best practices, to guide the Product/Engineering organization through various stages of the development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Technical Program Manager who will own and drive complex programs for the Product/Engineering group. Expertise in making functional and non-functional strategic decisions, displaying innovation to mitigate different phases of risk, cross-team management, coherent communication, and developing controls are some of the daily activities that will be needed to support multiple programs. The candidate should be able to successfully, work independently, have technologist level exposure, and display transparency from all levels of coordinated teams.
- Oversees hardware and software design teams in executing new programs that will create products, applications, and other projects.
- Contributes expertise to product development, coordinating the development of new technologies.
- The technical project manager serves as an interface with internal business teams with respect to business problems, issues, and opportunities within the framework of the business requirements throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Works closely with the development team to energize them and keep deliverables on track and provide structured software development lifecycle guidance for them to follow.
- Planning and managing product development stages.
- Work together with Architects, Technical Consultants, Engineers, etc. to develop solutions reporting product development progress across all Engineering teams.
- Keep projects within budget, track project milestones, dependencies, and the entire delivery process.
- Overseeing product deployment and integration.
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues.
- Evaluating product performance metrics and facilitating adjustments.
- Documenting processes and ensuring compliance with industry standards.
- Keeping up with advancements in product technologies.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom-line impact.
Works with product managers in developing a strategy and road map that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, software engineering, technology management, business management, or similar highly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in technical program management, preferably in a SaaS company.
- In addition to an understanding of business goals, it is also important that applicants have technical background in enterprise applications, software, and services. They must also have working knowledge of API design and implementation, and an understanding of network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.), and cloud solutions such as AWS and GCP.
- Must have critical skills like communication skills, leadership, and coaching skills to mentor the team, as well as negotiation skills and other relevant skills required to effectively work with and through others in accomplishing projects successfully.
- Advanced knowledge of the full life cycle of product development.
- Experience in product development planning and providing leadership.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and report to senior managers.
- Extensive experience in software product engineering, deployment, and integration.
- Ability to evaluate product performance metrics, as well as diagnose and resolve issues.
- Ability to keep up with advancements in the field of technical product development.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Google Suite, JIRA, Lucidchart, MIRO, Smartsheet and Salesforce.
- Vendor management experience to support software/hardware procurement and resource allocation.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
This role is designated to be located in our brand new Guadalajara office which is in Puerta de Hierro, part of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara. We offer 3 work arrangements: 100% remote, hybrid, or onsite. The office has been designed with the latest technology, an open yet focused working space layout and employees enjoy access to stocked kitchens with daily catered lunches and social activities. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
**Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.**