We are searching for an exceptional person to take a position as a member of our growing Customer Success team and help Brightcove’s most strategic Media customers to fully utilize Brightcove’s suite of products and achieve their business goals. This person must have a proven track record for delivering on or exceeding revenue goals and take pride in getting it done. The Customer Success Director will be a strategic advisor, who possesses the natural ability to navigate our most complex customers, and nurture them to succeed every step of the way on their lifetime journey with Brightcove.
The candidate we will hire will be highly self-motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented, creative, and possess outstanding communication and negotiating skills. This role’s primary responsibility is to cultivate and maintain strong relationships within assigned accounts ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and recognition of ROI, leading to strong renewals and growth opportunities. This role also requires close partnership with the Account Executive team to ultimately ensure awareness of upsell opportunities, complete customer satisfaction and maximum value return from Brightcove products & services. In this role, you will also be a strategic adviser focused on value, with a proven track record working with large scale customers, one who can develop strategy, drive usage and adoption and make Brightcove’s value visible to a client base that is monetizing it’s content with a focus on ROI.
- Drive retention and growth among our most valuable customers by understanding their business needs and helping them succeed.
- Manage complex renewals involving multiple teams early enough to support renewal and mitigate risks.
- Maintain a cadence of communicating with customers about their adoption trends, sentiment, and mining opportunities for deeper engagement.
- Collaborate closely with Account Executive team to partner on expansion opportunities.
- Provide insights to customers to ensure that they get the most out of the platform with the aim of helping grow our customer base.
- Gauge customers’ levels of engagement with the company and provide feedback to the other teams regarding product and service improvements.
- Dedicated to delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Become a domain and industry expert.
- Maintain competitive knowledge & focus.
- Exceptional at cross-collaborating internally with different teams, such as finance, legal, marketing, support etc.
- Proactively solve problems for the customer and draws upon their ability to lead, empathise, with a sense of urgency to bring things to a quick resolution.
- Consistently reports to the customer, whilst continually updating internal tools for pin-point accuracy of customer data for C-level stakeholders.
- 7 years+ in a quota carrying Customer Success, Relationship Management, Account Management, or similar role within a SaaS or software company.
- Experience working with large Media customers.
- A proven track record delivering on or exceeding revenue goals and quota.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships, while working to mitigate churn and drive engagement and renewals
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and carry through complex renewals to closure.
- Detailed understanding of client business strategy, drivers, goals and initiatives and translating these into Brightcove selling opportunities.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative is a must.
- Possess excellent communication skills to customize communication to the customer’s needs with confidence; effectively deliver “memorable” presentations leveraging “why video” storytelling skills.
- Demonstrate excellent networking skills to identify the right customer stakeholders and build connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; drive communications with internal cross functional teams for renewal success.
- Fundamental knowledge of advertising and monetization strategies (AVOD, SVOD, TVOD)
- Retain a customer-first attitude while still exhibiting excellent negotiation skills.
- Degree in Business, Marketing or a related field.
- This is a quota-carrying role.
- This role does involve travel, up to 15%.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We offer Remote, Hybrid, and Onsite work arrangements. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email email@example.com.