Staff Software Engineer
Who we are!
Brightcove is a global team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling and helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the world’s most compelling, exciting medium and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
What we offer you:
- We offer flexible work options
- Generous PTO package & work life balance
- Diverse working environment
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives.
The position: We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our team! This role can be remote! On the Core team, we solve complex and interesting problems by building robust, scalable shared services used by our other engineering teams, helping them build things faster!
How YOU will make an impact!!
- Contributor towards setting organizational standards with respect to software architectures, design principles, policies and tools.
- Participate in and drive solution architecture for products and features.
- Successfully collaborate with other engineering groups at Brightcove.
- Work closely with product management to understand and provide feedback on feature requirements.
What we need from you
- 6+ years of back-end software engineering experience in Java, familiarity with Kotlin a plus.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Oracle and/or other RDMS.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Demonstrable experience architecting, developing and deploying scalable back-end services.
- Knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
Interested? Reach out to me directly, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.