Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the world’s most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Brightcove is looking for an instructional designer who specializes in eLearning development to join our Customer Experience team and support the growth of Brightcove University. As one of our instructional designers, this role will be a key contributor to the identification of training needs and the expansion and development of customer training curriculum. This role will focus primarily on the development of computer-based training and instructional videos, but will include the development of content for other modalities such as ILT and VILT. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to both design and build content which will include speaking in English on videos that will be viewed by our global customer base.
As an instructional designer for Brightcove University, you’ll work to design and create engaging and informative content to help our customers onboard to the Brightcove ecosystem and beyond. Your role will be to create impactful and educational content designed to help customers get acclimated to the Brightcove system faster and more effectively. Additionally, you’ll be working to create content for existing customers that helps them grow their video strategy and align with industry best practices.
- Design and build world-class customer-facing courses that are designed to help new and existing customers receive more value out of their Brightcove subscription.
- Include engaging, visual, and hands-on activities into your learning programs; final candidates will be asked to provide examples of prior work and a writing sample.
- Update existing content based on product updates and feedback from customers.
- Manage all aspects of the development cycle including needs analysis, design, implementation, review, and updates.
- Scope and prioritize training requests and drive projects to completion within agreed upon timeframes.
- Conceptualize and create assessment content where appropriate.
- Seek continuous improvement; willing to try new ideas to produce better content.
- Build and maintain solid cross-functional relationships.
- Collaborate with members from various departments within Brightcove to ensure that learning content is accurate, relevant, effective, and aligned with corporate messaging and branding.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education, Communications, Instructional Design, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required, multi-lingual a plus.
- 3+ year experience with course and assessment creation and educational video development.
- Ability to script, shoot and edit short form video content for learning and/or promotional content.
- Creativity, self-motivation, eagerness to learn and excitement about working in a fast-paced organization.
- Attention to detail, excellent collaboration and project management skills.
- Familiarity with video and authoring technologies such as Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia (or equivalent authoring tool) is required.
- Experience with multimedia technology and authoring tools such as Camtasia and Articulate Storyline 360, Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects).
- Experience with instructional video production is preferred.
- Previous work with Learning Management Systems (such as LearnUpon) is a plus.
- Knowledge of SCORM and Tin Can standards is a plus.
- Basic understanding of HTML.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
Brightcove is headquartered in Boston and while we are currently remote due to Covid-19, this role is designated to be located in our brand new Guadalajara office which is located in Puerta de Hierro, part of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara. The office has been designed with the latest technology, an open yet focused working space layout and employees enjoy access to stocked kitchens with daily catered lunches and social activities that celebrate a variety of personal interests.
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
**Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.**