Brightcove Inc. is a leading global provider of powerful cloud solutions for delivering and monetizing video across every connected device. The company offers a suite of products and services that reduce the complexity and increase the profitability of publishing, distributing, measuring and monetizing multi-screen video. Brightcove has thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on the company's cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere.
Brightcove is looking for an exceptional person to join our Sales Development team and work directly with leading brands around the world to help them accomplish their goals. You will play an integral role in an organization that is building products and online services that promise to transform the way these leading global brands engage with their customers through video. This team is responsible for feeding the sales pipeline by identifying and developing new sales leads for the Account Executive and Field Sales teams., as well as gaining valuable skills in full cycle sales by closing Commercial deals from start to finish.
The ideal Sales Development Representative candidate will become an expert in generating, prospecting and qualifying leads, some of the most important components of the sales process. This role is an excellent opportunity to prove yourself in a fast-paced sales environment in a growing SaaS company with an enormous opportunity for career growth.
- Qualify and nurture sales leads generated via cold calling and inbound channels such as the Web, trial system, webinars, conferences, etc.
- Full Cycle sales for our Commercial New Business opportunities.
- Make initial sales contact to identify account decision-makers, understand the prospect’s business needs and make recommendations for next steps
- Identify high potential prospects and transition them to the appropriate sales team - Partner with inside and field sales reps to develop a target list of accounts to penetrate on a quarterly basis in support of the business plan
- Effectively utilize our lead management system as well as documentation and tracking processes
- Develop and maintain current and working knowledge of Brightcove’s products/services and competitive differences
- Achieve or exceed monthly individual metrics
- Successful inside sales or customer facing experience, 1+ years of experience
- Customer centric personality, drive to deliver
- Strong phone presence and written communication skills
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Must be highly self-motivated, curious, professional, detail-oriented, organized and flexible
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Positive attitude with the desire to work in a rapid-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- BA/BS degree
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement.
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, sports teams, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!