Brightcove is the global leader in providing online video to Media and Digital Marketing organizations. Our professional services team, BGS, builds highly scalable and complex solutions on our platform for some of the best known media companies in the world and we're expanding. If you have a strong professional services background, a passion for building and leading high-functioning teams, a keen sense of creativity and a willingness to work with our clients to build awesome experiences, we'd love to talk.
Brightcove’s global services team is not a typical PS organization, but is Brightcove’s full-service agency for our clients. The team designs and develops custom video-centric Web and mobile solutions for a variety of customers across the globe. Our mission is to offer designs that enhance the video experience and to utilize the latest technologies to build purposeful products that push boundaries. Our solutions often involve multiple products and services including Brightcove cloud-based services, Content Management System (CMS), Digital Right Management (DRM), Analytics, Advertising, subscription and monetization engines. We have a team of smart individuals who are passionate about solving complex and interesting problems for our clients and who are driven to ensure those those clients are successful.
Our team is looking for a leader who can lead a growing global organization that is focused on client success, technical excellence, employee engagement, and collaboration on highly complex solutions for global media and digital marketing companies.
- Set the overall vision and strategic plan for the professional services organization
- Work with the executive team to develop and execute on a services P&L, including managing to quarterly sales, revenue and gross margin targets
- Represent professional services on the executive team
- Provide oversight of all contracts, vendor relationships and HR functions for the professional services team
- Work with Brightcove’s Finance team for all project, revenue and margin reporting
- Act as executive sponsor and handle escalations for key client projects
- Drive recruiting and hiring initiatives for building out the PS team
- Instill confidence and direction in the team.
- Manage daily operations for the Delivery team
- Manage capacity and utilization planning for the Delivery team
- Build collaborative relationships with other with Sales, Account Management and Product Management teams
- Cultivate a strong, smart ecosystem of employees and partners
- Services management experience including at least three years heading a successful PS practice with revenue and profitability responsibility in an enterprise software environment or equivalent experience in a pure services organization.
- Experience positioning services commercially with sales teams and large strategic clients
- Experience successfully working with senior (C-level) executives
- Demonstrated ability to lead managers and successfully manage global, distributed teams across cultures, lines of business, and geographies
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Possesses a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical thinking, problem solving, communication, delegation, planning & organization and judgment
- Possesses outstanding written and oral communication
- Able to collaborate across organization and with external stakeholders
- Holds strong operational skills that will drive organizational efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Willing and able to address escalated client issues with speed and urgency
- Able to travel domestically and internationally - expected 30-40%
Working at Brightcove:
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.