Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We have thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on Brightcove’s cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere. Brightcove is also the place for talented, creative and passionate people who get excited about new technologies and being on the cutting edge of Internet TV and web technologies. We have a culture that values empowerment, individual and team excellence, honesty, and customer-centricity. If you are smart and have a high drive to get things done, we want to work with you!
About This Role
Brightcove is looking for an exceptional person to head up our Americas’ Mid Market team, reporting directly to our SVP of Sales, Americas. This team will focus on accounts that have <$1B in annual revenue, including new business and expansion of our 2500+ existing accounts. This leader will guide approximately 10+ individual contributors and one first-line manager, and have responsibility for 100% of our product portfolio.
The ideal candidate has a record of success leading and motivating a team of sellers, delivering or exceeding revenue goals and has a background with inside and outside sales, ideally from within the enterprise SaaS platform sales industry. Transaction sizes range from $10k-$200k ARR and are sold to line-of-business (Marketing, Corporate Communications, eCommerce, etc) as well as IT (Centralized Video Platform).
- Execute against sales goals by driving pipeline growth and new logo acquisitions from enterprise accounts
- Hire, develop, motivate, and retain a high-performance Mid Market sales team
- Manage and own sales planning and forecasting, territory and quota planning and measurement of inside KPI sales metrics
- Directly support sales calls to major accounts and escalations
- Drive territory growth through up-selling/cross selling existing customers
- Implement and reinforce sales and product training and methodology
- Work with individual sales reps on territory planning and execution
- Accurately manage an on-going sales pipeline across the team for forecasting purposes
- Work with marketing to drive pipeline growth
- Work closely with Global Services team to develop overall customer success strategy
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around the use of the Brightcove platform
This role is based in Boston and the leader will be the office the majority of the time. Travel expectation is 25%
- 5+ years of managing sales professionals in SaaS
- Knowledge of sales management & analytics technologies (Salesforce, Engagio, Gong, Insight Squared, Marketo, Conversica, etc)
- Strong leadership and people management skills to develop and lead high performance professionals as well as excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interface with product and engineering to synthesize customer needs and feedback
- BA/BS in sales, business management or related field. MBA is a plus.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!