Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are the industry leader in this space, enabling our customers to deliver professional quality video to audiences on every screen. Our customers range from some of the largest media publishers to corporate marketing departments to large non-profit organizations, spanning the globe. With over 500 employees around the world, we have worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration.
Are you passionate about working directly with customers and immediately impacting their success? We are looking for an exceptional person to join our Customer Support team in providing efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure complete customer satisfaction for our growing customer base of online video publishers. The ideal candidate is a dedicated problem solver, passionate about rich media technologies, and a proven customer advocate. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated with strong technical experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills and high enthusiasm for customer success.
As a member of Customer Support, the candidate will be part of a Global team interacting closely with Support offices in the US, Mexico, Europe, Australia, Korea, and Japan, as well as with customers around the world.
- Working directly with customers via phone and email to respond to technical issues
- Providing escalated technical and triage support for other team members
- Actively contribute to our online community and knowledge database for up-to-date customer information and solutions
- Work closely with our Engineering, Product Management and QA teams to increase customer satisfaction by providing critical feedback and assistance for product enhancements
Working for Brightcove will give you a unique opportunity to join a fast growing company and play an integral role in building products and online services that promise to transform the media industry and change the way people all over the world watch video.
- College degree (CS degree preferred)
- 3+ years work experience in online technical problem solving.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- **priority given to candidates with Japanese fluency
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer focus
- Proven analytical / problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage initiatives to completion.
- Proven ability to work with the team to quickly and calmly resolve technical issues.
- Solid understanding of internet technologies including browsers, networking, firewalls & proxy servers
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Required to be flexible, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multitask.
- On-call availability
- Strong technology background with a comprehensive knowledge of Internet, Mobile and Digital Online Media technologies such as networking, servers, etc
- Meaningful experience with online video and of video encoding applications is preferred
Working at Brightcove:
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.