Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We have thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on Brightcove’s cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere. Brightcove is also the place for talented, creative and passionate people who are excited about new technologies and being on the cutting edge of Internet TV and web development. We have a culture which values empowerment, individual and team excellence, honesty, and customer centricity. If you are smart and have a high drive to get things done, we want to work with you!
The technical product manager will own the definition and requirements for key components of the Brightcove system, including video players, content ingestion, and how to build and operate a reliable SaaS platform at massive scale. The PM will work with internal and external customers to build a vision for the product, determine appropriate success metrics, and drive execution of the roadmap. A key responsibility will be to understand the technical requirements in detail, including relevant standards and industry best practices, and to be able to work together with engineering and operations teams as a credible partner.
- Enumerate and document use cases for each service and the business drivers for each, identifying segments, personas, applications, the problems it solves, how it works together with other services to produce a product, and its potential gaps
- Create requirements and stakeholders to communicate use cases and applications to Product Management team, customers, and other stakeholders
- Understand technical alternatives and the relative costs and benefits of each while challenging engineers to think outside the existing codebase and what they’ve been doing
- Analyze cost and plan for scale using data to drive decisions
- Develop and manage prioritized roadmap in coordination with other shared services to facilitate the predictable delivery of applications
- Evaluate and manage technical partnerships with cloud infrastructure vendors and point solutions
- Partner with engineering leadership to develop technical vision and strategy
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Product Manager
- Technical fluency with the ability to speak credibly to both engineering teams and outside technical partners about how the overall system should work and different ways that can be achieved
- Ability to recognize common patterns that can be leveraged across products to drive efficiency
- Experience defining a customer value proposition and driving a business case for a product investment
- Strategic thinker with detail-oriented execution in a way that gets things done in a fast-paced, globally distributed organization
- Strong collaborator that is also sufficiently self-directed to proceed with confidence when feedback is unavailable or ambiguous
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!