Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are passionate about online video, and day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways, whether that’s in broadcasting or publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, nearly 5,500 of them in 70 countries.
About the Team
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Core team. On the Core team, we solve complex and interesting problems by building robust, scalable shared services used by our other engineering teams, helping them build things faster! Core is working on exciting, new development and technologies including an account management system, event bus and notification workflow. Our team thrives in an environment built on collaboration, trust and hard work. We look for people who are smart, fun, enthusiastic, passionate about technology and want to work in a fast paced environment. If this sounds like a good fit for you, let’s talk!
- Contribute towards settings organizational standards with respect to software architectures, design principles, policies and tools
- Participate in and drive solution architecture for products and features
- Successfully collaborate with other engineering groups at Brightcove
- Work closely with product management to understand and provide feedback on feature requirements
- Provide operational support for Brightcove applications
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create products and services, and enhance existing solutions and workflows
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation
- Mentor junior team members
- 8+ years of back-end software engineering experience in Java, familiarity with Kotlin a plus
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Oracle and/or other RDMS
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Demonstrated experience architecting, developing and deploying scalable back-end services
- Knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for services
- Skilled with Linux, basic SaaS security, REST, and API design
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other software engineers, product and program managers
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of quality and customer value
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to take ownership of issues
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you’ve gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!