Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are the industry leader in this space, enabling our customers to deliver professional quality video to audiences on every screen. Our customers range from some of the largest media publishers to corporate marketing departments to large non-profit organizations, spanning the globe. With over 500 employees around the world, we have worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to develop and manage the execution of best practices to guide the product organization through various stages of the development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be an experienced technical Program Manager who will drive and manage cross-functional activities and key operational processes in a fast-paced agile development environment, with a strong ability to collaborate across all functions of the company and manage all aspects of the project execution.
- Guide the product organization through the various stages of the development lifecycle, managing and coordinating cross-functional dependencies, while ensuring the successful delivery of products that are aligned with Brightcove’s strategic goals.
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures. Make recommendations and drives process improvement and adoption of best practices (processes, tools, etc) to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be a change agent: Identifying ways to improve processes and remove bottlenecks to systematically improve how we deliver value to customers.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Engineering regarding product definition, project schedule, feature scope, commitments, and project-related decisions.
- Aggregate, organize, and synthesize program and project information in order to encourage transparency and facilitate cross-functional communication throughout projects.
- Drive and manage project risks, including identification, analysis, communication, monitoring and control, while increasing the probability of positive events.
- Manage and drive complex decision making and problem solving in a decisive, confident and prompt manner.
- Be an agile coach: Acting as a trusted advisor to support teams to increase their efficiency and productivity in an agile environment.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical or business field is strongly preferred
- Someone who describes themselves as a proven program/project manager with a passion for driving complex projects to completion. PMP/PMI certification is an added bonus.
- Someone who operates with a high degree of autonomy with minimal supervision; collaborates with their manager as specific issues requiring escalation arise.
- 5+ years of software program/project management experience. A combined history of product management, engineering work, and customer support experience (or a software engineering degree) are ideal.
- Familiarity with standard project management tools, practices and procedures.
- Experience with Agile and/or other iterative development methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to build relationships and collaborate with variety of personalities and styles.
- Experience managing projects with remote/geographically dispersed team members.
- Someone who has a strong technology foundation (Desktop & Mobile Web, REST APIs, IaaS Cloud Platforms, CDNs, SaaS and PaaS Operations, distributed storage platforms and big data analytic), and enjoys researching new applications and customer trends.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. For US full time positions add - We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.