Brightcove is the global leader in providing online video to Media and Digital Marketing organizations. Our global services team builds highly scalable and complex solutions on our platform for some of the best known media companies in the world and we're expanding. If you have great project management skills, a passion for online video, a keen sense of creativity and a willingness to work with our clients to build awesome experiences, we'd love to talk.
We're seeking an energetic, ambitious, and motivated Project Manager who is a master of managing the facets of projects: the team, the scope and the clients for a successful delivery. As a Project Manager you will own the delivery of a portfolio of projects, ranging from quick implementations to large scale program contribution for well-known international brands. You will participate in the full delivery lifecycle, from presales through deployment, collaborating with fellow Delivery members (BA, QA, PM, Ops) , Engineers, Customer Support, Legal, and Finance. We will provide our Best Practice approach to delivery with standardized tools, the delivery engagement model, and escalation/support plans. You will bring your experience consulting with external clients, emphasizing clear communication, collaboration, and risk management. So if you are a smart, highly motivated PM with both solid technical exposure and a polished communication style, the PM role at Brightcove presents a challenging and exciting career opportunity.
- Accountable for consulting and guiding external clients of Brightcove to successful delivery of contracted deliverables ranging from SME consulting to Application development based on the Brightcove video experience
- Participate in the Presales stages of an engagement, including review of estimations, staffing, schedule, scope, SOW creation
- Facilitate client workshops and requirements gathering, with supporting SMEs
- Responsible for program charter, governance and communications planning and defining roles for each engagement
- Risk assessment, tracking, and mitigation planning, with internal/external teams, regular status reporting and escalations to ensure no surprises
- Scope and budget control with internal reporting
- Manage Change Requests
- Coordination and continuous expectation setting among internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage internal and third-party development teams to deliver projects
- Participate in continuous improvement and enforcement of our Delivery Best Practices Contributing to a healthy, collaborative team environment
- 4+ years experience on technical project teams or professional services teams in support or delivery-related roles with external customers.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to manage clients, vendors and teams dispersed geographically.
- Experience with simultaneously planning, organizing, and executing projects of varying sizes and complexities and delivering them within the specified timeframe and budget.
- Ability to facilitate requirements definition, project planning and gap analysis.
- Specific experience in Statement of Work creation and Change Order management.
- Familiar with Waterfall, Iterative and Agile methods of delivery.
- Ability to travel about twice a quarter domestically, and at times internationally (up to 15%).
- Experience with Confluence and JIRA is a strong plus.
- Digital or Video industry landscape expertise (OTT, AVOD, SVOD, etc.) a plus, but not required.
- Exposure or hands-on knowledge of the Brightcove products and ecosystem a plus, but not required.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, sports teams, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.