Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are passionate about online video, serving over 1,000 years of video content to over 150 million people on your average work day. We help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, nearly 5,500 of them in 70 countries.
Our Foundation Engineering team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help maintain and enhance our global Service Platform, and to support the engineering teams that are operating mission critical services on it. Every day will offer new and exciting challenges so a successful candidate must be self-motivated, highly curious, and interested in learning new technologies.
- Work with a variety of internal engineering teams to gather requirements for moving existing services to Kubernetes-based common infrastructure
- Define, implement, and maintain platform features that will enable engineering teams to deliver the next generation of services powering Brightcove, including common metrics collection, log aggregation, and API Gateway
- Develop and improve common monitoring that quickly identifies problems, identifies root causes, and performs corrective action with minimal human intervention.
- Collaborate with other teams to implement and automate best practices for release tools and processes to support fast, secure, scalable, and maintainable releases
- Deliver a comprehensible platform that allows other engineering teams to be productive with minimal training
- 3+ years of experience operating or supporting HTTP-based microservices
- Experience with supporting and operating containerized software in an orchestrated environment (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Extensive DevOps experience deploying and supporting applications running in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with Role-based resource access controls (e.g. AWS IAM)
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery tools (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience with source control management using Git
- Ability to work closely with a team but self-sufficient enough to execute with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand, empathize with, and respond appropriately to user inquiries and support requests
- Experience developing HTTP-based microservices in Go, Node, Java, or Python is a plus