Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are the industry leader in this space, enabling our customers to deliver professional quality video to audiences on every screen. Our customers range from some of the largest media publishers to corporate marketing departments and large non-profit organizations, spanning the globe. With over 500 employees around the world, we have worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior User Experience Designer to join our Product Design team and it could be you! You naturally think in terms of the end-to-end user experience and create designs that are effective, engaging, and easy to use. Caring deeply about user’s first impression and first success with video, you obsess about user onboarding. You obsess so much about the first success that you are happy to make this your full-time focus. You are comfortable working across project teams to implement patterns and best practices that remove user onboarding friction. You have skills in research, interaction design, information architecture, and/or visual design. You know how to leverage qualitative and quantitative data to reduce the time it takes a user to realize the value of the product. As such, you know to work with teams to define that valuable first success. You don’t wait to be told, you define the path forward, and collaborate with your peers to make the work happen! Mentoring designers and peers comes naturally because you know this isn’t about you and you alone, but rather it takes a team to do right by our customers.
- Obsess about self-service product design with a maniacal focus on achieving the first success that is most likely going to lead a conversion in a paying customer.
- Use data by any and all means possible to create the path of highest impact with the least resistance for specific user groups.
- Lead new user experience designs through the full design and development cycle (including concepts, information architecture, interaction design, and visual design)
- Work collaboratively with product managers to define product requirements focusing on customer efficiency and ease-of-use
- Work collaboratively with developers to ensure effective implementation of designs and expand our design system patterns
- Carry our brand voice and personality into the user experience ensuring a smooth transition from demand generation to product design.
- Work with UX colleagues to share and review design ideas and evolve team best practices
- Leverage rapid prototyping and frequent customer interaction to inform design decisions
- 7+ years professional experience designing interactive user experiences.
- A portfolio of effective design solutions for user onboarding; enterprise web & mobile applications experience strongly preferred
- User-centered design perspective with the ability to plan, facilitate and summarize design workshops
- Proven experience identifying and documenting design patterns for use across multiple applications
- Able to work independently, plan and lead user experience design for two or more product areas
- Proficiency with usage data tools and making recommendations from user data
- Familiarity with user research and usability testing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Learn fast / rapid research mindset & comfort working with customers
- Experience with mobile and responsive design
- Experience with agile development (scrum)
- Experience with analytics and data visualization a plus
- Experience designing for video broadcasting & consumption a plus
- Experience designing for smart TV’s, connected TV’s and/or Game Consoles a plus
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
**All candidates must provide an online portfolio or work samples.**