Brightcove is the global leader in providing online video to Media and Digital Marketing organizations. Our global services team, BGS, builds highly scalable and complex solutions on our platform for some of the best known media companies in the world and we're expanding. If you have a great business analytics background, a passion for online video, a keen sense of creativity and a willingness to work with our clients to build awesome experiences, we'd love to talk.
We're seeking an energetic, ambitious, and motivated Technical Business Analyst to partner with our consulting team to design and implement systems that meet the business objectives of our well known clients in media and digital marketing. The Technical Business Analyst will work with clients in several phases of the project lifecycle. During the Design Phase of the project s/he will assist the team in researching best practices, making recommendations to the client about functionality and user flow and documenting requirements and acceptance criteria. In later phases of the project, this person will also provide client training workshops, demonstrating to business users how they can use the various features of their new platform.
If you are smart, highly motivated, and detail oriented with a polished communication style, this role at Brightcove presents a challenging and exciting next step in your career.
- Serve as a liaison between business stakeholders and technical team, facilitating cross-department communication.
- Serve as the main information resource for project functionality and scope specific questions.
- Gather business requirements and effectively communicate and document complex user interaction scenarios.
- Engage in frequent communication with clients for gathering requirements and making recommendations. Partner with clients to explain gaps and technical concepts for an often nontechnical audience and provide training on various platforms to clients.
- Understand scope of our client engagements and analyze and identify business problems/project constraints.
- Own/organize all project-related documentation of workflow changes and technical/functional designs needed to support the business requirements for common and more complex problems.
- Write user stories, functional specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Gain a strong feature-level understanding of the Brightcove platform.
- Stay apprised of the latest technologies and innovations in web/mobile application technologies and online video.
- Consistently meet agreed upon deadlines or escalate issues, concerns and barriers to key project leaders.
- 4+ years of experience in a Technical BA or similar role, documenting and analyzing technical solutions to complex business problems (less experience considered for exceptional performers).
- Experience in a consulting/professional services (SOW) environment is highly preferred, experience in video implementation or service is a plus.
- Experience in analyzing business goals and metrics, leading requirements gathering sessions and documenting business requirements.
- Familiarity with both agile and waterfall development methodologies is a plus.
- Familiarity or direct experience with Quality Assurance practices and execution a plus, including test strategy, test case management.
- Experience with project life-cycle management tools such as Confluence and JIRA.
- Must be able and willing to travel to client sites as required (Approx. 15% mostly domestic, some international).
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, facilitation).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
Working at Brightcove:
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, sports teams, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!