Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We have thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on Brightcove’s cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere. Brightcove is also the place for talented, creative and passionate people who are excited about new technologies and being on the cutting edge of Internet TV and web development. We have a culture which values empowerment, individual and team excellence, honesty, and customer centricity. If you are smart and have a high drive to get things done, we want to work with you.
Brightcove is looking for an engineering leader to head up a team of full-stack developers who are building customer-facing video products. Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about building effective engineering teams that deliver high quality, innovative, scalable products in an online service that iterates rapidly.
Our Engineering teams follow Agile processes and are responsible for deploying to production whenever they’re ready to deliver value to our customers - often on a daily basis. We embrace a variety of current technologies and tools for developing, testing, deploying and monitoring for our cloud-based offering. We believe in empowered and self-organizing teams that can take a product from concept to delivery.
- Manage 2+ small, highly-focused and effective teams between 2-6 engineers per team
- Be the champion of your team
- Foster a highly effective, accountable, self-managing team culture
- Hire and mentor world-class engineers - develop good engineers into great engineers, great ones into awesome ones
- Lead and deliver key engineering initiatives
- Lead engineering teams to deliver high quality product with high customer value
- Coach engineering teams by fostering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, metrics/data driven decisions and performance testing
- Identify and implement development process and methodology improvements to increase quality of development
- Work with Customer Support and Account Management to respond to customer impacting issues
- Work with Product Management and customers to contribute to the strategic direction of the product and roadmaps
- 3+ years of engineering leadership experience
- 5+ years of development experience in a high-scale SaaS environment
- Ability to manage multiple teams and projects
- Understanding of the full ownership of the lifecycle from developing and testing code to deployment and monitoring
- Ability to hire and develop software engineers
- Understanding of building internet scale, distributed, high availability systems
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and market conditions
- Architecture and hands-on engineering background
- High standards of delivering quality and customer value
- Experience delivering and supporting high scale SaaS technology
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!