Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We have an opportunity for someone to work directly with leading brands around the world to help them accomplish their marketing goals through our products and services. The Sales Director will play an integral role in an organization that is building products and online services that promise to transform the way these leading global brands engage with their customers through video.
We are searching for an exceptional person to take a senior position in our sales efforts. We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology and can take leadership in developing and managing relationships with Media customers.
This person must have a proven track record for delivering on or exceeding revenue goals, ideally from within the enterprise SaaS platform sales industry. The candidate must be highly motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented, creative, and possess outstanding communication and negotiating skills. This position will be responsible for driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration for your market segment.
- Create, implement and own a sales pipeline to manage customer lead intake, outbound activity, prioritization and metrics for measurement of deal status.
- Meet or exceed sales goals each quarter.
- Continuously develop an extensive set of relationships at C-level, VP and Director-levels across companies and across industry categories.
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around the use of the Brightcove platform.
- Leverage a virtual territory team to execute against sales goals
- Prepare deal overviews and contract summaries for key stakeholders.
- 8-10 years experience in sales/business development, ideally for a leading software or enterprise platform sales company.
- Possess a strong sales background that enables you to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects.
- Domain expertise in ad-supported Media/Video use case would be helpful
- Proven track record of successful six figure sales and exceeding revenue goals
- Experience with sales methodology training
- Demonstrated ability to instigate, carry through and close deals
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and think outside the box in terms of deal structure and framework
- An ability to assess client needs effectively and address needs through new products and services
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- This is a quota-carrying role
- This role does involve domestic travel, up to 30%
Working at Brightcove:
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our New York office. We are located a block away from the iconic Empire State building, near the 33rd Street subway station.
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.