Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are the industry leader in this space, enabling our customers to deliver professional quality video to audiences on every screen. Our customers range from some of the largest media publishers to corporate marketing departments to large non-profit organizations, spanning the globe. With over 500 employees around the world, we have worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration.
Our engineering department is built on small, self-running teams, where everyone has an equal voice and decisions are made analytically. We encourage lightweight development processes that balance craftsmanship with execution and strive to build engaging products with features that will delight our customers.
Our team is looking for a talented software engineer to join the team supporting our live streaming platform. This platform is based on the latest cloud technologies and enables Brightcove customers to quickly create reliable ABR live streams from any place in the world and monetize them using server side Ad insertion or regular client side Ad insertion. We also provide really fast live to VOD capacities among other features.
We are looking for smart, creative, collaborative and fun people who have a desire to work in a fast-paced environment building scalable cloud-based services for video processing and streaming.
- Develop and deploy scalable backend services for live video transcoding, processing, packaging, and delivery.
- Develop clean, high-quality code even when working on extremely hard problems.
- Provide operational support for the platforms.
- Work in an Agile environment with a team of engineers to create new products and streamline/enhance existing solutions and workflows.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Polyglot programmer - experience in NodeJS or Go is required, C and C++ is a plus.
- Experience in cloud computing is required, AWS (specifically EC2, ASG, S3, Lambda, and DynamoDB) is a plus.
- Comfortable working with both relational and NoSQL data stores.
- Operational knowledge of scalable platforms in the cloud.
- Experience with video codecs and packager formats, DRM technologies and CDN delivery is a plus.
- Contributions to open source projects, especially video-related, is a huge plus.
- Comfortable working with Linux with a good understanding of OS internals.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to take ownership of issues.
- Ability to thrive and excel in a diverse Agile team environment.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. For US full time positions add - We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role could be based out of our Boston, Scottsdale or Seattle offices. Relocation will be considered for the right candidate.
Our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
Our Arizona office is located in Scottsdale's SkySong business complex, home to international technology giants, renowned educational institutions and some of the trendiest apartment and loft spaces in Scottsdale. We are just minutes from "Old Town" Scottsdale and are within walking distance of nearly every dining option imaginable.
Our Seattle office is located in the Queen Anne District only a few blocks away from the Space Needle.
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.