Are you passionate about working directly with customers and immediately impacting their success? Are you driven by solving technical questions and issues? We are looking for someone who is passionate about providing efficient and accurate technical assistance to our growing customer base of online video publishers. The right candidate is a highly motivated person with experiencing working in a customer facing role. Candidates must have an experienced technical background, and a working understanding of web-based technologies, and high enthusiasm for customer success.
Responsibilities include researching issues, replicating technical problems, and communicating directly with customers to provide outstanding customer support via phone, live chat and email; analyze technical trends and recommend product and documentation enhancements; and actively contribute to our online community and knowledge database for up-to-date customer information and solutions. This is a Global team, so this role will be interacting closely with Support offices in the US, Europe, Singapore and Japan, as well as with customers around the world.
Working for Brightcove will give you a unique opportunity to join a fast growing company and play an integral role building products and online services that promise to transform the media industry and change the way people all over the world watch video.
- College degree (CS degree preferred but not required)
- 1-2+ years work experience in a Customer Focused position
- Excellent communication skills and Strong customer focus
- Exposure to online technical problem solving and triage
- Proven analytical / problem solving ability.
- Proven ability to work with the team to quickly and calmly resolve technical issues.
- Understanding of internet technologies including browsers, networking, firewalls & proxy servers
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Required to be flexible, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong technology background with a comprehensive knowledge of PC-based (Mac a plus) applications and basic network applications, including knowledge of browser compatibility issues.
- Familiarity and working knowledge with online video and rich media
- Exposure to video encoding applications
- Working knowledge of Internet Networking processes
Working at Brightcove
We are located in Boston's innovation district within walking distance from South Station. We strive to maintain a fun, casual and friendly environment at work.
In addition to having an incredibly satisfying career, if you like having incredible colleagues, bagel Fridays, unlimited snacks, kegs of craft beer, in-office massages, monthly birthday parties and wearing jeans to work – this could be a fit!