Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We have thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on Brightcove’s cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere. Brightcove is also the place for talented, creative and passionate people who are excited about new technologies and being on the cutting edge of Internet TV and web development. We have a culture which values empowerment, individual and team excellence, honesty, and customer centricity. If you are smart and have a high drive to get things done, we want to work with you!
We are looking for a dynamic leader with the demonstrated ability to build and mentor successful engineering teams. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to foster innovation while maintaining focus on department goals. This is a challenging, hands-on role building an online service in a fast-moving organization.
- Oversee, build, and develop a team of expert engineers to deliver high-class products with high customer value
- Participate as a key part of our leadership team, interfacing with multiple levels of the organization to help drive results and outcomes
- Provide expert knowledge, implementing and enforcing engineering best practices with respect to system architecture, performance, security and scalability
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
- Partner with our Product leaders on the conception and execution of new products and integrations
- Engage with our customers to integrate their feedback, and drive towards continuous improvement
- 10+ years of experience managing, mentoring, and building high performance Engineering teams focused on quality delivery at scale
- Experience with recruiting and hiring great talent to build a world-class team
- Experience managing projects/teams developing large scale, distributed, cloud-based applications and services; AWS experience is a plus
- Strong technical computer science background
- Experience working on cross-department efforts by communicating and negotiating with multiple teams to accomplish goals
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and align
- Proactive, results-oriented problem solver, with an ability to meet aggressive deadlines
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!