Brightcove is the leading online video platform that powers the video for many of the world’s largest media companies including Channel 4, Ford, Viacom, ESPN, and The New York Times.
As a Software Engineer, you will help deliver a service that touches millions of people around the world by serving over a billion video streams each month.
Our engineering department is built on small, self-running teams, where everyone has an equal voice and decisions are made analytically. We encourage lightweight development processes that balance craftsmanship with execution and strive to build engaging products with features that will delight our customers.
Our team is looking for a talented software engineer to join the team supporting our live streaming platform. This platform is based on the latest cloud technologies and enables Brightcove customers to quickly create reliable ABR live streams from any place in the world and monetize them using server side Ad insertion or regular client side Ad insertion. We also provide really fast live to VOD capacities among other features.
We are looking for smart, creative, collaborative and fun people who have a desire to work in a fast-paced environment building scalable cloud-based services for video processing and streaming.
- Develop and deploy scalable backend services for live video transcoding, processing, packaging, and delivery.
- Develop clean, high-quality code even when working on extremely hard problems.
- Provide operational support for the platforms.
- Work in an Agile environment with a team of engineers to create new products and streamline/enhance existing solutions and workflows.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Polyglot programmer - experience in NodeJS or Go is required, C and C++ is a plus.
- Experience in cloud computing is required, AWS (specifically EC2, ASG, S3, Lambda, and DynamoDB) is a plus.
- Comfortable working with both relational and NoSQL data stores.
- Operational knowledge of scalable platforms in the cloud.
- Experience with video codecs and packager formats, DRM technologies and CDN delivery is a plus.
- Contributions to open source projects, especially video-related, is a huge plus.
- Comfortable working with Linux with a good understanding of OS internals.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to take ownership of issues.
- Ability to thrive and excel in a diverse Agile team environment.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!