Brightcove is a pioneering force in the world of online video. Our cloud platform enables Brightcove customers to upload videos, process them and prepare them for delivery on multiple channels.
Our engineering department is built on small, self-running teams, where everyone has an equal voice and decisions are made analytically. We encourage lightweight development processes that balance craftsmanship with execution and strive to build engaging products with features that will delight our customers.
Team members double as experts in operating the systems that they build and take pride in achieving as near to 100% uptime as possible and exceptional quality-of-service. We are continuously shipping code – several times a day. Everyone is encouraged to contribute to meeting our operational goals through robust, scalable designs, software quality, customer-facing service metrics, and devops automation.
As the popularity of live video over the web has increased in recent years so has Brightcove’s investment in innovative live streaming technology. Live broadcast digital television (DTV) has been supported for decades by well established standards and technology providers. But live online video is still relatively new with many competing standards and fragmented technology providers. To maintain our leadership position in the world of online video we’re looking for a strong, experienced software engineer to join our Live UI team and help deliver our next generation Live product.
The Live UI is the web-based front-end built for our Live product. Our team consists of a wide range of technical skills across the stack with a primary focus on front-end user experience development.
- Develop and deploy web-based user interfaces.
- Provide operational support for Brightcove applications.
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create products and services, and enhance existing solutions and workflows.
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation.
- Experience with React or Vue a plus.
- Experience with live streaming video a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for web applications and services a plus.
- Demonstrable experience developing and deploying scalable web-based applications.
- Familiarity with Linux, basic SaaS security, REST, and API design.
- Strong interest in working on a product for which UI (and overall UX) is a big component and focus.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other software engineers, user experience designers, and product/program managers.
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of quality and customer value.
- Experience with scalable backend services a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodologies a plus.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!