Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are the industry leader in this space, enabling our customers to deliver professional quality video to audiences on every screen. Our customers range from some of the largest media publishers to corporate marketing departments to large non-profit organizations, spanning the globe. With over 500 employees around the world, we have worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration.
In this role you will partner closely with the Chief People Officer, HR Business Partners, the Talent Acquisition team, and the business leaders overall to lead our strategic approach to global compensation, equity administration and employee benefits. You will help ensure that these programs align with company goals, comply with legal requirements and positively impact our culture by attracting, rewarding and retaining talented people. While we have programs in place today, you will help to mold a new and innovative compensation and benefit strategies that will drive growth, attract/retain talent, optimize the workforce and drive productivity. We are looking for someone who can thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view and have a passion for bringing people insights to the business.
- Manage all compensation activities including salary, incentive, and equity programs
- Plan and administer executive and equity plan design
- Liaise with Sales Operations team to ensure sales compensation programs align across the organization
- Anticipate future trends and implications for the executive and overall compensation programs, and provide ongoing evaluation of incentive programs to ensure alignment with strategy
- Oversee development of Compensation Committee meeting materials as well as compensation related proxy materials, and other disclosures/filings (e.g. CEO Pay Ratio), as required
- Partner with in-house legal counsel to ensure compliance with all compensation related governmental regulations and disclosures
- Analyze Brightcove’s equity programs for effectiveness, cost impact and recommend program design changes, as appropriate
- Build salary banding and leveling framework globally based on market data and manage the market benchmarking and operation of the pay structures
- Consult with and provide direction, guidance and resolution to global HRBP team and business leaders on compensation matters
- Advise on global mobility pay practices
- Oversee separation/severance practices
- Oversee global pay gap reporting and equal pay analysis
- Partner with Recruiting to ensure equal pay treatment
- Continuously monitor the market, partner with our broker and other vendors drive the design and management of Brightcove’s global benefits programs.
- Ensure that Brightcove's benefits are competitive, cost effective and globally equitable
- Work closely with 401k/Retirement Plan Consultant to ensure compliance with all retirement plan rules. Perform quarterly investment reviews, audit and compliance testing, calculates and funds employer match/profit –sharing contribution
- Oversee administration of disability, Leaves of Absence, FMLA, Parental/Bonding leave and Worker’s Compensation
- Administer and manage internal Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Bachelor's degree or M.B.A. are preferred
- 7-10+ years of compensation experience, with at least 5 years in a publicly traded global company
- CCP, CECP, GRP or CEP certification preferred
- Compensation expertise in merit pay programs, incentive and bonus plans, job evaluation, stock program administration, and salary survey use and methodology
- Strong equity plans experience and experience running year end analysis
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and establish relationships
- Strong ability to learn and utilize different systems and programs
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience in effectively leading the wide-spectrum of compensation and benefits programs and practices which supports our results-oriented business
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels within the organization, and excellence in written and verbal communication
- High personal standards of excellence, commitment and integrity while maintaining confidential information
Working at Brightcove
Brightcove Inc. is headquartered in Boston with offices in New York, San Francisco, Scottsdale, Seattle, London, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Mumbai. This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, bake-offs, and philanthropy events.