Brightcove is the leading online video platform that powers the video for many of the UK and the world’s largest media companies including BBC Worldwide, UKTV, Channel 4, Ford, Viacom, ESPN, and The New York Times.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help deliver a service that touches millions of people around the world by serving over a billion video streams each month.
The ‘Dynamic Delivery’ team work on a highly scalable, multi-region set of microservices that are responsible for delivering video to millions of consumers around the world.
We’re a small team, so you’ll have a high degree of autonomy and input into design decisions. We also offer a competitive salary, flexible working environment and encourage learning and career development.
The Dynamic Delivery platform has been developed from scratch over the past two years and is almost 100% written in Go (Golang), with functional tests written in Ruby/Cucumber and deployed using containers onto public cloud infrastructure.
- Take ownership of a service from design to deployment
- Take into account scaling, cost and performance considerations when designing a service
- Stay abreast of developments and best practices within the technologies we use
- Work with Customer Support and Account Management to respond to customer impacting issues
- Work alongside other teams to develop cross-project solutions and drive best practices across the organisation
- 5+ years of software development experience in Java or Python
- 1-2 years of experience working with Go (Golang) a huge plus
- Experience delivering and supporting high scale SaaS services leveraging public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working in a Devops oriented team where engineers own the deployment stack
- Experience with Behaviour and Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge of containers and container-based deployment
- Experience working with CDNs a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math or related field strongly preferred
Working at Brightcove
London is home to Brightcove's growing EMEA hub, providing unparalleled access to scale, distribution and operational maturity while maintaining a small, agile and entrepreneurial culture. The office recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated digital natives, providing them with a creative, innovative environment to achieve their best work. We recognise and reward performance - so when the business wins, our colleagues do too.
Lacon House is situated in Central London, nestled between world-leading media companies and the capital's thriving tech scene. The modern office sits amongst a vibrant food scene, and unrivalled shopping. The nearest Underground stations are Holborn and Russell Square.