In a nutshell we are looking for people who have a:
- Passion and knack for designing and building systems that solve complex problems
- Deep interest in markets, finance, and investing
- Great analytical mind
- Desire to work with the best people in a highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
What does Bridgewater do?
Bridgewater is a global macro hedge fund with ~$160 billion under management for ~350 of the largest and most sophisticated institutional clients globally. We are focused on understanding how the world works – we’ve developed a 40+ year track record of success by having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets and translating that understanding into great portfolios and meaningful relationships with institutional clients. Our approach to investing is both fundamental (understand the timeless and universal principles and linkages) and systematic (apply that understanding rigorously and transparently through ever improving designs).
What is Investment Logic Engineering?
Investment Logic Engineering is a small tight-knit group with a big mission: 60 of us own and innovate Bridgewater’s investment systems across the entire investment process. This includes market perception and views, portfolio construction, and trading. Every system is owned by an Engineering leader who:
- Is an expert in his/her investment domain and can hold the whole model of the investment system in his/her head
- Designs systems that beautifully express and run our investment logic and can evolve with our investment understanding
- Runs and develops a team of engineers to build and maintain the investment system
We also shape how Bridgewater does investment research: we deeply understand how exploration is done and evolve the methods and tools to more rapidly develop breakthrough insights.
What is the Investment Logic Engineering Ethos?
We are an Engineering owned and led organization which strives to balance fierce independence with incredible community support in an environment that is intellectually vibrant and driven to make a mark on the world as a collaborative force
Our core values:
- Honesty, transparency, directness, personal accountability, driven by doing what's right for the organization
- Holding a very high bar for each other, everything we do, and everything we build
- Actively engaging in shaping our environment and how we do things. You create the culture again every day you come into the office - it must be highly dynamic and owned by all of us.
- Autonomy and self-motivation: we are here to enable and develop (not manage) great people who share our way of being
- Only A-players working contentfully on important problems that have a big impact
What is the opportunity for summer intern hires?
- We are looking for undergraduate and graduate students who have a high affinity for building well-engineered solutions to complex problems pertaining to economics, markets, portfolio management and trading
- Summer interns will work on a challenging investment engineering project throughout the course of their internship with the potential to have real impact in our investment process and to shape how we do work
- Interns will also participate in a summer-long Investment Engineering class which will give each participant a well-rounded experience that covers the gamut of the problems we face and the thinking required to solve them
- Top summer interns will receive full time offers to join the team following the successful completion of their degree
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.