Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors.
Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world’s markets and economies work — using cutting edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles.
Founded in 1975, we are a community of independent thinkers who share a commitment for excellence. By fostering a culture of openness, transparency, and inclusion, we strive to unlock the most complex questions in investment strategy, management, and corporate culture.
Bridgewater’s unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other’s logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Within this culture, Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority because it is essential to finding the best talent in the world, enabling our idea meritocracy, and creating an environment where all types of people can thrive. We have a full-time team as well as affinity networks that work on these issues - If you would like to learn more, please let your Bridgewater recruiter know.
About the Security Department:
The Security Department’s mission is to protect Bridgewater. We secure the investment engine, which manages assets for global institutional clients, as well as all other business operations. We constantly evolve our cyber, physical, and staff security practices to meet the business needs and stay ahead of the changing threat landscape
About the Team:
Cyber Security Analysts at Bridgewater are responsible for monitoring and triaging cyber alerts. Best of breed systems across the environment send event logs to the SIEM, providing a rich analytical platform for correlating events that contribute to these alerts.
About Your Role:
Cyber Security Analysts at Bridgewater are responsible for monitoring and triaging cyber alerts. Best of breed systems across the environment send event logs to the SIEM, providing a rich analytical platform for correlating events that contribute to these alerts. Analysts are responsible for discovering and escalating any consequent malicious or anomalous activity, which may require incident response. Further, Cyber Security Analysts engage frequently with the Security and Technology engineering teams. They serve as key members in deploying and configuring security controls that protect the constantly evolving BW infrastructure. Analysts also partner with external industry experts to understand new developments, pushing the Security Operations Center to the leading edge of the Cyber Security field.
You will drive the following responsibilities:
- Monitor and investigate internal and external cyber threats, leveraging best of breed technologies, through constant engagement with other world class analysts
- Report status, define tuning requirements, and monitor functionality of security controls
- Quickly correlate multiple data sources and apply various analytical techniques, to determine the best hypothesis for event activity
- Constantly learn, illustrate, and apply knowledge on the latest adversarial tactics, techniques and procedures
- Contribute to real time improvement of internally developed analytics, understanding both technical context and strategic best practices
- Support tuning and iteration of tools used for monitoring, analysis, and forensics
- Standardize techniques and procedures, in order to promote automation
- Maintain awareness of latest cyber security subject matter through a demonstrated hunger and passion for the industry
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
Candidates will be evaluated based on their ability to demonstrate a proven track record of proficiency in the following competencies:
- SIEM (Splunk preferred) experience used in guiding investigations, utilizing custom queries, with understanding of correlation across data fields
- Advanced working knowledge of system internals for leading operating systems
- Ability to understand and analyze anomalies in common network protocols
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of common adversary TTPs and the attacker kill chain
- Advanced understanding and analysis of event logging from many different devices
- Understanding of malware and associated behavior
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Technology or related experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of Information Security experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with antivirus, EDR, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, Active Directory, vulnerability assessment tools, as well as SIEM
- Baseline understanding of domain-based Windows environments
- Basic understanding of tactics, techniques and procedures following industry recognized frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to leverage both open-source and commercial tooling to resolve investigations quickly
- Scripting/Programming (Python, PowerShell, Lua, C#, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and associated services (SaaS, IaaS, etc.)
- Experience with defensive security tools and operations
- Certifications: GIAC – GCIH, GCFE, Security+
For most of our roles, Bridgewater offers remote work flexibility, with most employees required to work on campus as their principal work location, a minimum of two days (and in some cases three days) per week with the option to work offsite on other days.
Why Choose Bridgewater?
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
In this role, you will grow with us by:
- Taking ownership of increasingly complex systems and processes.
- Opportunities to grow your career across Bridgewater depending on your strengths, weaknesses, and experience.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
- For a full list of Bridgewater benefits, click here.
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer